Associate Director, People Operations Strategy at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Associate Director, People Operations Strategy
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As Associate Director, People Operations Strategy, you'll be responsible for managing People Operations processes such as system implementation and enhancements, career development matrix maintenance and enhancement, globalization of People Ops functionality and getting key projects through to completion in line with the Gemini People Ops’ team mission to unlock the potential of Gemini’s greatest asset - it’s people! You will work closely with diversity equity and inclusion, learning and development, business partners, onboarding, immigration and mobility, benefits and wellness, and People Analytics to ensure that processes are aligned with the overall People strategy and the needs of the organization.
- Ensure DEI and global mindset is at the forefront of all initiatives and system and process enhancements
- Execute upon deliverables in line with People Operations goals and mission to unlock the potential of Gemini’s greatest asset - it’s people!
- Manage, develop and empower a growing team of 5 professionals focused on onboarding, system integrity, immigration and mobility, benefits and wellness.
- Proactively address issues, remove blockers, and streamline processes so that the People Operations team can scale support for a quickly growing organization
- Influence and align stakeholders to push key projects through to completion
- Enhance quantitative and qualitative data collection by leveraging centers of excellence on team (DEI, L+D, Benefits and Wellness, Onboarding, Performance, Engagement, Analytics)
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations; escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ensure proper implementation and maintenance and of HRIS, ensuring accuracy in data entry and reporting
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business
- 8+ years of experience working in a project management or operationally-focused People role.
Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of HR best practices and general HR administration with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends within the HR space, especially within immigration and benefit compliance.
- Experience in leading a team of professionals, with a focus on growth, empowerment and development
- Strong focus on organization, ability to proactively push ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Experience with BambooHR and Workday
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.