Associate, People Operations at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Associate, People Operations
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be in on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As Associate, People Operations, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of human resources including Learning and Development, Diversity Equity and Inclusion and general People Operations Support. You will play a critical role in additional projects and process improvements in assisting the People Ops team so that we can best develop and retain our population of talented individuals. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, mature, and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Support the execution of People Operations programs including, but not limited to, diversity, equity and inclusion, learning and development, engagement, and onboarding.
- Manage scheduling logistics and attendance for training sessions
- Ensure completion of trainings via attendance trackers and provide updates to business owners on a consistent basis
- Provide coverage for onboarding coordination, orientation and new hire training
- Synthesize meeting notes and action items and follow-up accordingly
- Assist in tracking and managing budgets
- Proactively identify improvements to processes, adding automation wherever possible
- Support facilitators, including but not limited to, co-facilitation, troubleshooting, and managing communication to participants before and after trainings
- Manage and update reports and presentations as needed
- Escalate sensitive issues in a timely manner
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business or working experience equivalent
- Strong administrative skills, including organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Ability to simplify processes and automate scheduling, sign up, and attendance tracking for trainings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.