The Business Recruiting team is responsible for hiring the world class group of professionals across our Provider, Research, and Corporate teams that make Flatiron's goals achievable. At Flatiron, Recruiting is a partner that is vital to the success of our mission, and therefore we take a company-wide team approach to meet our robust hiring and growth targets.
As a Business Recruiter, you will partner with your Recruiting Lead to work with hiring managers to understand and anticipate their teams’ upcoming needs, priorities, and how they fit into the organization as a whole. You will help support the entire recruiting process from role development to sourcing and closing, and ensure a high quality experience for all candidates. Our ideal candidate will be highly versatile, with a creative mindset (comfortable with nuance and ambiguity), and motivated to help Flatiron attract, recruit and retain top talent.
- Achieve short term and long term hiring goals for business teams, in partnership with your Recruiting Lead and hiring partners
- Develop and implement creative sourcing techniques for tough to fill jobs
- Find, engage, and activate passive candidates by fostering long term relationships and regularly following up
- Prescreen candidates and gather valuable information
- Collaborate with a diverse range of hiring managers and stakeholders to tailor the recruitment process for unique and highly ambiguous roles - identifying potential candidate profiles, sourcing strategies, and directly sourcing and closing candidates.
- Help drive recruiting process improvements and documentation for hiring managers and teams in partnership with Recruiting Lead
- Pro-actively strategize, develop and successfully execute on building talent pipelines through direct sourcing strategies that are measurable, focused on continuous improvement and results oriented, which includes: directly sourcing candidates through research, sourcing tools, social media, events, and/or cold calls
- Help close directly sourced candidates, including negotiating increasingly complex offers
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of recruiting experience experience, with a focus on sourcing and closing candidates in one or more of the following areas of focus:
- Healthcare systems, research and/or academia, corporate functions (business development, legal, marketing, people, operations, etc)
- Demonstrated ability with closing candidates and negotiating complex compensation packages
- Experience effectively managing a high volume of candidates, across a variety of unique roles at any given time
- Spike in organizational skills, attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Nose for value, ability to effectively prioritize and think at the strategic level
- Goal-oriented, mature, polished, quick learner
- Experience managing a full life cycle recruitment process
- Experience recruiting for startups/high growth stage tech companies
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer