Business Recruiter at Codecademy
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy's talent team is a collaborative, supportive, high performing, and lean team dedicated to sourcing, recruiting, and selling the best candidates to help us build the tools to teach millions of people how to upgrade their careers. We are looking for a driven Business Recruiter with a demonstrated history of success working on sales, marketing, finance, and/or HR roles at technology focused companies.
- Partner with Codecademy Talent Team to define and accomplish hiring goals
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for a variety of Business roles (Finance, Marketing, Sales, and other roles as needed); from sourcing candidates to coordinating interviews to offer delivery
- Work closely with Hiring Managers across the organization to develop a deep understanding of team functions and needs
- Continuously find opportunities to relentlessly improve and fine tune process to deliver best-in-class candidate experience
- Work with the Talent Team to develop innovative recruiting and sourcing strategies that realize diversity, inclusion, and talent for Codecademy
- Work on cross-functional project work and participate in recruiting events as needed
- 3+ years of agency and/or internal technical recruiting experience
- Proven track record of identifying and assessing top talent
- Sourcing experience using a variety of tools--LinkedIn Recruiter is a plus
- Experience using application tracking systems--Greenhouse is a plus
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A meticulous approach to organization
- An innate understanding of how to prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Sales, Marketing, Finance, and HR recruiting experience both in house and with some agency roots
- Startup or SaaS recruiting experience
- Network of sales, marketing, finance, and HR employees in NYC area
- Data analytical experience to derive insights from recruiting data
- At Codecademy, an interest in learning to code is strongly preferred