Business Recruiter at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Recruiter to help scale our rapidly growing teams throughout the country. You will work across several roles supporting both our product recruiting and our corporate recruiting efforts. You’ll partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs, develop sourcing strategies, build robust pipelines of diverse talent, and close candidates. You’ll provide a high touch, best in class, candidate experience while helping candidates understand Orchard’s unique and exciting offering.
This is a full-time role that will be based out of our growing NYC office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage full-cycle recruiting processes independently, such as sourcing, stakeholder management, candidate experience and closing.
- Develop targeted sourcing strategies for a high volume requisition workload and proactively build a robust pipeline of diverse talent
- Partner closely with hiring managers across several departments, ensuring we’re thinking creatively about how to find and hire the best talent
- Participate and own recruiting-related projects and assist with larger people team projects as needed
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 3-6 years of experience working in an in-house role in recruiting (high-growth startup experience, or retained search firm experience preferred)
- Ability to flex into a wide variety of roles based on business need and changing priorities and to work with a sense of urgency
- Comfort working across a wide variety of roles and strong organizational skills to manage a high volume of requisitions and candidates.
- Strong communication skills. You can advise hiring managers on recruiting best practices and also close in-demand candidates
- Experience partnering with hiring managers autonomously
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse preferred), sourcing tools, and CRM tools
- Bachelor’s degree required
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.