Chief People Officer at Spring Health (Greater NYC Area, NY)
What you'll be doing:
- Strategic Leadership: Partner with the executive team to drive strategic planning for the People function and partner with department leaders to support the overall People strategy across the company. Provide ongoing thought leadership and coaching to leaders. Leverage best in class KPIs and communicate progress to key stakeholders as needed.
- Onboarding, Training and Retention: Develop 360-degree plans for the onboarding, training and engagement of employees, with satisfaction and retention at the core of every decision. Continue to evolve the company-wide performance management programs to support feedback loops, competency development, goal setting and career pathing.
- Organizational Planning: Lead the efforts around long-term people planning to fuel the growth of the business. Partner directly with the leadership team to understand business goals and partner with department heads to develop and meet organizational objectives and KPIs.
- Engagement and Culture: Be the driving force behind Spring Health’s culture and develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, DEI efforts and overall company morale with the goal of making the Spring Health an employer of choice. Measure success through engagement surveys, employee satisfaction, retention, ENPS, etc.
- Process Implementation, Foundation Building and Compliance: Design, implement and optimize systems and processes to support all People objectives while communicating, delivering, and refining all initiatives as they relate to People and Culture. Own employee relations and compliance, and ensure Spring Health is up to date on best practices and employment law. Ensure Spring Health leverages the best technology across the HR spectrum to drive efficiency throughout the function.
- Build a World-Class People Function: Lead the charge in building a world-class People team to support the continued growth of the business. This will be a team of enthusiastic professionals who are passionate about building great teams and culture.
What we expect from you:
- Proven success rising through the ranks of high-growth, early and mid-stage organizations known for their focus on exceptional employee experience, talent, trust and customer loyalty.
- 10+ years of experience with at least 3 years managing all functional areas of People departments.
- Proven ability to create and execute programs that attract, develop and retain outstanding talent with data to support success.
- Proven ability to translate organizational and business priorities into People initiatives with metrics to support and track success.
- Experience creating and implementing pragmatic and business-focused HR related programs and initiatives.
- Experience building and implementing HR systems from the ground up.
- Demonstrated success with driving employee engagement and culture.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, DEI, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in human resources.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members.
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in change management best practices.
- Ability to bring immediate credibility to the People function through professional qualifications, experience, leadership, and the highest levels of integrity.
- Experience reporting to or delivering results directly to C-level stakeholders. Track record of influencing both leaders on tactical execution and C-level execs on strategic imperatives.
- Very data driven.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Team Leadership: Passionate, high integrity leader who can inspire their teams. Possesses the energy, sincerity and drive to engage and build meaningful relationships, grounded in trust, with a diverse and distributed team. Genuinely excited to spend time “in the business”, with the team, and always understands the “pulse” of the team. Balances inspiration and accountability. Embodies and drives the core values. Leads with calm during times of stress.
- Growth/Optimization/Scale Mindset: Has an ability to both develop a strategy and lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with open-mindedness and a winning- mindset, while respecting team, peers, and leaders. Possesses the problem-solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex issues. Leverages data and analytics to drive business decision-making.
- Ownership and Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver quality and excellence, in the face of high growth and unexpected twists and turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing and improving.
- Collaboration and Influencing: Will have the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection and collaboration across the business. Brings the “playbook” to the table but has the flexibility and humbleness to adapt to business and stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill and experience with generosity, and be willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative and analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes.
- Effective Communication Skills: High integrity, no-nonsense approach. Knows how to communicate through the brand voice and at all levels of the organization. Understands how to communicate through a decentralized organization. Quick and to the point. An active listener.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurialism: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. Balances scrappiness and execution with business maturity, prioritization and thoughtfulness. Is curious, agile, a self-starter and welcomes challenge as a conduit to improvement. Can be creative with resources and has a history of getting things done in complex environments.