Our mission is to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
- Ideally based in NYC, the Chief People Officer (CPO) will act as a key member of the leadership team and oversee the overall strategic direction of the People & Talent function at Spring Health. The CPO will build and lead all People operations for the company, including onboarding, training and development, compensation analysis, benefits, organizational planning, organizational engagement, DEI efforts, Talent/Recruiting and culture. This role means wearing many different hats and requires an experienced leader who is ready to sit on Spring Health’s leadership team and take on the exciting challenge of building out a critical function within a fast-paced, people-centric, high-growth business.
- The CPO will be, with the support of the leadership team, the driving force behind Spring Health’s employee experience. They will have a passion for building world-class teams while facilitating environments that allow people to do their best work. The CPO will be an instrumental business partner in the continued growth of Spring Health through the creation and execution of thoughtful and agile people-focused strategies and initiatives to ensure that Spring Health is attracting, developing and retaining high-quality talent to fuel the expansion of the brand.
- The CPO will build a strong foundation for the People function inclusive of a world-class team, system and processes, and will work cross-functionally, with stakeholders throughout the company to provide thought partnership and support the rapid growth of all functions. This is an entrepreneurial role in a entrepreneurial organization. The ideal candidate will combine strategic vision and depth of experience with an ability to execute well in a fast-paced, high-growth business. The CPO will report to the Founder & CEO, April Koh.
- Strategic Leadership: Partner with the executive team to drive strategic planning for the People function and partner with department leaders to support the overall People strategy across the company. Provide ongoing thought leadership and coaching to leaders. Leverage best in class KPIs and communicate progress to key stakeholders as needed.
- Onboarding, Training and Retention: Develop 360-degree plans for the onboarding, training and engagement of employees, with satisfaction and retention at the core of every decision. Continue to evolve the company-wide performance management programs to support feedback loops, competency development, goal setting and career pathing.
- Organizational Planning: Lead the efforts around long-term people planning to fuel the growth of the business. Partner directly with the leadership team to understand business goals and partner with department heads to develop and meet organizational objectives and KPIs.
- Engagement and Culture: Be the driving force behind Spring Health’s culture and develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, DEI efforts and overall company morale with the goal of making the Spring Health an employer of choice. Measure success through engagement surveys, employee satisfaction, retention, ENPS, etc.
- Process Implementation, Foundation Building and Compliance: Design, implement and optimize systems and processes to support all People objectives while communicating, delivering, and refining all initiatives as they relate to People and Culture. Own employee relations and compliance, and ensure Spring Health is up to date on best practices and employment law. Ensure Spring Health leverages the best technology across the HR spectrum to drive efficiency throughout the function.
- Build a World-Class People Function: Lead the charge in building a world-class People team to support the continued growth of the business. This will be a team of enthusiastic professionals who are passionate about building great teams and culture.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Proven success rising through the ranks of high-growth, early and mid-stage organizations known for their focus on exceptional employee experience, talent, trust and customer loyalty.
- 10+ years of experience with at least 3 years managing all functional areas of People departments.
- Proven ability to create and execute programs that attract, develop and retain outstanding talent with data to support success.
- Proven ability to translate organizational and business priorities into People initiatives with metrics to support and track success.
- Experience creating and implementing pragmatic and business-focused HR related programs and initiatives.
- Experience building and implementing HR systems from the ground up.
- Demonstrated success with driving employee engagement and culture.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, DEI, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in human resources.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members.
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in change management best practices.
- Ability to bring immediate credibility to the People function through professional qualifications, experience, leadership, and the highest levels of integrity.
- Experience reporting to or delivering results directly to C-level stakeholders. Track record of influencing both leaders on tactical execution and C-level execs on strategic imperatives.
- Very data driven.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Team Leadership: Passionate, high integrity leader who can inspire their teams. Possesses the energy, sincerity and drive to engage and build meaningful relationships, grounded in trust, with a diverse and distributed team. Genuinely excited to spend time “in the business”, with the team, and always understands the “pulse” of the team. Balances inspiration and accountability. Embodies and drives the core values. Leads with calm during times of stress.
- Growth/Optimization/Scale Mindset: Has an ability to both develop a strategy and lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with open-mindedness and a winning- mindset, while respecting team, peers, and leaders. Possesses the problem-solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex issues. Leverages data and analytics to drive business decision-making.
- Ownership and Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver quality and excellence, in the face of high growth and unexpected twists and turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing and improving.
- Collaboration and Influencing: Will have the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection and collaboration across the business. Brings the “playbook” to the table but has the flexibility and humbleness to adapt to business and stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill and experience with generosity, and be willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative and analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes.
- Effective Communication Skills: High integrity, no-nonsense approach. Knows how to communicate through the brand voice and at all levels of the organization. Understands how to communicate through a decentralized organization. Quick and to the point. An active listener.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurialism: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. Balances scrappiness and execution with business maturity, prioritization and thoughtfulness. Is curious, agile, a self-starter and welcomes challenge as a conduit to improvement. Can be creative with resources and has a history of getting things done in complex environments.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Spring Health will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa, H-1 visa, or STEM OPT extension.
Read Full Job Description