WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The People Operations team is charged with the ongoing evaluation of our total rewards strategy and practices. As a key member of the team reporting to the Director, HR Systems and Total Rewards, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the direction of compensation at Braze. Specifically, you will own day-to-day compensation practices (i.e. benchmarking, data management, survey participation) and lead cyclical company-wide compensation initiatives while also keeping a pulse on market trends. This role requires significant cross-functional partnerships with our Business Partners, Recruiters, and finance teams to ensure that compensation at Braze remains competitive.
- Act as the primary point of contact for compensation requests (internal support and external salary surveys).
- Support the implementation and maintenance of a robust compensation structure that ensures equitable and competitive pay practices.
- Lead the execution of cyclical compensation review and bonus processes.
- Benchmark roles externally to inform salary range recommendations across the business.
- Ensure that pay practices are compliant with regulations across all geographies where Braze operates (i.e. FLSA classification).
- Own compensation data accuracy in Workday, leading testing related to compensation processes.
- Partner closely with the Payroll team to ensure pay accuracy.
- Prepare and present ad hoc compensation studies to the business, enabling leaders to make informed decisions for their teams.
- Collaborate with project teams and leadership to develop, educate, and deploy new compensation initiatives across the organization.
- Assist with total rewards programs and practices, such as equity, sales plans, 401(k), and other team programs as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for somebody who is experienced with managing large-scale projects and processes, knows how to manage, build analytics, and draw insights from large data sets, and is passionate about delivering exemplary customer service. The right person is an obsessively detail-oriented multi-tasker, enjoys finding and implementing process efficiencies, and has an eye toward ensuring equitable practices.
- 3 years of progressive HR experience with 1-2 years of compensation and/or total rewards experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, complex conditional formulas, basic macros) with an ability and desire to conduct analysis on large data sets and draw conclusions/make recommendations.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to drive programs independently.
- A firm commitment to confidentiality and ability to operate with a high level of integrity and discretion.
- Proven ability to seamlessly adapt to new systems; Workday experience strongly preferred.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize workload and follow-up in a timely fashion; start-up experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to identify gaps and implement changes.
- Ability to remain organized and work on multiple simultaneous projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.