Compensation Manager at IEX Group
IEX is looking for a seasoned compensation manager, who will be responsible for the full spectrum of compensation, equity, and payroll processes. Responsibilities will include managing all matters related to payroll operations, payroll taxes, 401(k) plan administration, equity compensation, compensation analysis, and year-end compensation planning. This individual will have an eye towards continuous improvement, leveraging technology or other solutions to automate and scale our processes as they exist today.
This role is an autonomous role within our Finance function, and the right individual will be confident supporting our executive team in compensation and equity planning processes, including making vendor recommendations that suit the firm’s short-term, medium-term, and long-term compensation and equity strategy. The right individual operates with utmost professionalism and discretion, given the sensitive and confidential nature of the data and access level that the role mandates.
- Extremely detail-oriented, as payroll mistakes can be complicated to fix
- Ability to perform vendor analysis and make strategic recommendations while also executing in the weeds on a daily basis
- Biased towards and experienced with automated solutions for manual tasks and processes
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere
What you’ll do:
- Own and execute all matters related to payroll administration, including but not limited to payroll processing and payroll taxes, in partnership with our payroll vendor, reporting on a biweekly, quarterly, and YE basis
- Responsible for extensive equity compensation-related tasks and processes, spanning various types of equity including stock options, restricted stock units, and private equity
- Participate in compensation strategy and planning, including headcount forecasting and strategic scenario analysis
- 401(k) plan administration
- In partnership with HR, structure and execute a PEO/payroll platform RFP process, and own the subsequent implementation and vendor relationship management
- Introduce innovative approaches to creating efficiency and automation around manual administrative tasks
- Employee record management
- 5 – 8+ years’ experience specializing in compensation and payroll
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all areas of employee compensation, payroll, equity compensation, including payroll taxes and 401(k) administration
- Experience in payroll/PEO systems implementation a plus
- Demonstrated experience in process automation and improvement as relates to payroll, compensation, tax, and benefits tasks
- Utmost discretion and stoic professionalism as relates to access to sensitive employee information, compensation data, and confidential management decisions within the organization
- Experience with payroll, compensation, and benefits systems, such as NetSuite, Carta, PEO, and HRIS systems
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.