DEI Recruiting Specialist at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You’re passionate about building inclusive organizations and think about diversity holistically. You’re an inventive leader who excels at bringing out the best in others to create a shared vision for the future.
As a DEI Recruiting Specialist you will be an integral part to the long-term growth and success of Justworks. You will help us prioritize building a diverse team at every step of the recruiting process, from partnerships to ensuring our interview process provides candidates of all backgrounds with equal, unbiased consideration. This role will partner closely with members of the Talent team to source and attract best in class talent for Justworks with a strong focus on DEI. The DEI Specialist will create inclusive hiring strategies, identify, develop and nurture relationships with prospective talent, manage relationships with existing external diverse partners and develop relationships with new partners to develop and maintain diverse candidate pipelines.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Partner with recruiting and executive leaders to develop data driven approaches to attracting diverse talent
- Serve as subject matter expert to the recruiting team, hiring managers and senior leaders on integrating inclusive hiring practices into our recruiting operations
- Partner with recruiters and hiring managers on strategies that identify and engage diverse talent
- Represent DEI initiatives internally and externally through building impactful relationships with our ERGs (Employee Relation Groups) and senior leadership
- Seek out opportunities for Justworks to enhance or create new DEI&A initiatives and participate in/support external initiatives
- Identify partnerships and branding opportunities that position us as an employer of choice for underrepresented talent
- Identify, develop and deliver trainings for hiring teams looking to reduce bias in their processes
- Partner with hiring teams and the wider talent acquisition team to build effective sourcing strategies and interview processes related to DEI, including the use of job boards, social media, referrals, etc.
- Develop and maintain a framework to track and analyze initiatives related to employee demographic groups and determine future trends
- Drive diversity recruiting tools evaluation and implementation, as necessary .
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a DEI Recruiting Specialist, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive full cycle recruitment experience with an emphasis on sourcing, networking and building pipelines for a diverse pool of talent.
- A demonstrated passion for diversity and inclusion
- Adept at utilizing social media platforms and recruitment technology geared towards attracting and engaging with prospective talent.
- Skilled in identifying talent through various sourcing techniques (i.e. LinkedIn Recruiter, Reddit, Github, etc.)
- Experience working with an ATS or CRM product (Greenhouse preferred)
- Working knowledge of trends and innovative recruiting methodologies and related technology.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated with a true sense of ownership from start to finish
- Self-starter, comfortable with a rapidly changing environment
- Resilience, empathy and determination to advocate for diverse groups in a recruiting context.
- Success utilizing data and analytics to inform and optimize recruiting strategies, influence business hiring managers and senior leaders, and understand market trends to inform decisions
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment