Design Recruiter (JR101583) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
** This role is able to be hired remotely
Our Talent Acquisition team is looking for a Design Recruiter to join our growing talent practice, focusing on building out our Creative function for both Brand and Product Design. We’re in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day-in and day-out, eager to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders on finding most diverse and creative talent for their respective teams This person will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, setting expectations and exceeding them.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own and manage end-to-end recruitment processes for a variety of roles across the Brand and Design organization always ensuring an unbiased, smooth and positive experience for all stakeholders
- Develop and utilize innovative sourcing strategies to build diverse talent pipelines
- Craft tactful messaging to attract and engage with both active and passive talent and elevate Better’s external Creative brand.
- Think outside the box to create inclusive talent strategies that align with Better’s mission and values
- Partner and work closely with hiring managers and leadership from the Design and Creative teams to develop a deep understanding of the business
- Assist in identifying skill gaps that exist on the team and align on target candidate profile
- Advise and consult hiring managers on process improvements needed to scale while maintaining high quality of hire
- Create effective feedback loops to calibrate on role profiles based on market mapping, performance data, etc.
- Ensure high-level of data integrity and provide accurate reporting to hiring managers
- Own candidate experience -- guide candidates through the process and ensure every experience is positive, memorable and transparent
- Advocate for candidates while balancing candidate needs with business priorities
- Ensuring timely communication and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process
- 3+ years of experience working in full-cycle high-growth recruiting, specifically supporting Creative organizations and understands what it takes to build team that can develop a world class team
- Self-starter who is eager to jump in day one and get things done
- A go-getter who can self-manage and execute new processes and strategies
- A scrappy & creative thinker
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.