Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, diversity + inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Director of Benefits you will provide strategic leadership and planning expertise for Justworks' benefits program. As part of the Operations & Risk team, you will have accountability for the planning, development, and product delivery for 19 benefits across 10 vendors. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally as each day you will partner with your colleagues in Sales, Operations, Customer Success, and Finance. You'll enjoy a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture where your ideas can quickly translate into action.
What you'll do
- Maintain P/L targets through management of underwriting policies and procedures, plan designs, and claims activity
- Recommend and execute improvements to customer facing (Sales and Customer Success) and vendor facing (Insurance Carrier) processes
- Monitor inquiries/issues to identify trends in benefit administrative issues
- Manage insurance carrier and benefit provider relationships including but not limited to contract negotiations, SLA maintenance and implementation of new products and services
- Insure benefit compliance with ERISA, ACA and all other pertinent regulation
- Act as an internal expert on large and small employer benefit programs
- Manage a team responsible for benefit fulfillment (Operations) and strategy (Risk)
Who you are
- 10+ years experience with underwriting, risk management and administration of a large employer benefit program (10,000+ employees)
- Experience underwriting or managing self-funded health plans
- Expertise with Section 125 Cafeteria and 401k plans
- Bachelor's Degree
- Managerial experience
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist® (CEBS®) preferred
- Experience working with PEOs preferred
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.