Director, Compensation & Benefits
As the Director of Compensation & Benefits, you will lead the design, implementation and compliance of compensation and benefits programs and policies that enable the attraction and retention of top talent. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth, high-demand evolving tech company.
- Provide oversight for administration of compensation and employee benefit programs, including annual compensation planning, incentive and reward program administration.
- Conduct, compile and present research, analysis and modeling to support design of competitive and motivational compensation and benefits programs that align with corporate goals and strategies.
- Design and lead annual company compensation review process (salary, short-term incentives and long-term incentive) including input on budgeting, and competitive information to ensure practices are market competitive.
- Work closely with People & Culture Partners and business leaders in all compensation & benefits matters including compensation benchmarking, salary reviews, incentive plan design.
- Ensure all compensation & benefits programs are effectively managed and compliant with external regulations and plan governance to minimize risk
- Oversee all aspects of compensation planning to include system readiness, communication, and budget proposal.
- Oversee administration and development of employee benefit programs, retirement plans, wellness and engagement initiatives, and other rewards programs that are competitive, comprehensive, and well-utilized.
- Maintain external relationships with vendors, brokers and advisors to review and manage compensation & benefits plan design and administration.
- Establish key performance indicators to track the effectiveness of compensation and benefit programs
- Develop and implement a high touch communication and training programs on compensation and benefits topics for all employees to promote understanding and effective utilization of programs.
- Lead a team ensuring best in class services to employees, leaders, and People teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance, or business discipline required, master's degree preferred
- 12+ years of global compensation and benefits experience, preferably with a high-tech company
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) a plus
- Experience working with public and private company long-term incentive compensation programs
- Advanced level of proficiency in use of Google suite of tools and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of relevant ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations
- Knowledge of legal requirements impacting compensation and benefit administration
- Technical knowledge of compensation design, including incentive, commission, and executive compensation program designs and associated tax implications and requirements.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally interact with internal and external customers, including all levels of management
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.