Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
We are hiring Zocdoc’s first Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) to champion our mission and vision to cultivate an inclusive team who will accelerate equity in healthcare and to build an organization that better represents the patients we aspire to serve.
In partnership with relevant stakeholders across the organization and building on the DEI strategy rolled out in 2020, the Director will design and execute creative ways to attract, retain, and promote diverse talent as well as develop and facilitate programs designed to foster a diverse workforce, cultivate inclusivity, and enhance employee engagement and belonging. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director will head Zocdoc’s DEI Committee, and regularly advise Zocdoc’s Leadership Team, offering subject matter expertise to help continually elevate how we think and practice DEI.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Adaptable and flexible to evolving priorities and changing situations
- Can work high and low, fluidly transitioning from being a part of strategy one moment to diving deep in details and working tactically in the next
- A self-starter as well as an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate and influence at all levels in the organization
- An inclusive leader that contributes to creating a sense of belonging
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way this decade is going, you kind of need a sense of humor
In your day to day you will…
- Take ownership of the ongoing efforts to establish the DEI roadmap, programming, and education to improve DEI at Zocdoc
- Partner with our executive team and leadership to increase accountability for DEI programs and outcomes
- Facilitate company-wide efforts to improve DEI knowledge and proficiency across all levels and in all locations
- Take the lead in strengthening and evolving our ERG program and act as a key resource for the Employee Resource Groups to help integrate ideas and opportunities into the overall roadmap
- Provide ongoing analysis and consultation on the demographic makeup of our teams, as well as the ability to attract, retain and develop Zocdoc’rs from all backgrounds
- Use data to understand key opportunities within our current practices and programs and steer ongoing efforts to improve
- Educate and coach people managers on inclusive leadership behavior, progressive ways to enhance diversity and inclusion on their teams, have courageous conversations, and promote inclusivity across the organization
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop a strategy to continuously source and attract talent from underrepresented groups and create an inclusive candidate experience
- Partner with Employer Branding to help shape Zocdoc’s external DEI and employer brand and work closely with Communications to develop internal communications that increase employees’ sense of inclusion and belonging
- Collaborate with Learning & Development and our HR Business Partners to identify, develop and/or facilitate training and professional development programs to support the understanding and active practice of DEI initiatives
- Identify emerging DEI leaders within the organization to support our internal initiatives and recruitment strategies for underrepresented groups
- Lead as a DEI subject matter expert and share diversity-related issues, legislation, best practices, perspective, insights, and knowledge and how it interrelates to other initiatives within the organization
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A continual desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change
- Have 7+ years of experience leading and managing D&I initiatives
- Have a successful track record in developing DEI programs from designing through to implementation reflecting a creative results-oriented approach
- Have experience in driving initiatives linked to talent attraction, development, retention, and fostering an inclusive culture.
- Bring strong working knowledge of D&I best practices and emerging trends
- Have experience translating data into actionable insights
- Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines to establish yourself as a trusted advisor
- Think big and strategically while translating vision into action and measurable results
- Bring experience working in a high-growth company, preferably in tech
- Have outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to engage audiences at all levels using different platforms
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit option
- Parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location and a hybrid workplace (2-3 days in-office once we return)
- In-office perks such as daily lunch
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.