Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at DoorDash
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we’re hiring a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to play a critical role in shaping our future.
At DoorDash, we believe that we’re a career destination where everyone, especially women of all backgrounds and people of color, can do the very best work of their careers. Our employees are our most important customers and we believe that a strong and inclusive company culture drives stronger business results. As the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), you will drive our company-wide diversity and inclusion strategy, initiatives, programs, and partnerships. You will serve as a sponsor, strategic partner, and thought leader for DEI at DoorDash by leveraging your deep subject matter expertise and by keeping your finger on the pulse of industry best practices, benchmarks and emerging DEI approaches. This role will be directly responsible for further scaling our DEI actions and practice at DoorDash.
This role reports to the VP of Global Culture, Belonging, and People Growth and will lead the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team under the broader Culture, Belonging, and People Growth (CBPG) department. CBPG’s mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection where diverse identities can thrive and every employee can do the best work of their career. As part of CBPG, we strive to deliver a consistent and inclusive experience for our ~3,000 employees across the U.S., Canada and Australia - regardless of their location, background or job function.
This role will manage two direct reports within the first six months and will be a critical partner to our Management Team, Leadership Team, People Team, and underrepresented communities at DoorDash. We are open to candidates based in San Francisco, Phoenix, or New York. We are also open to candidates that are willing to relocate post COVID-19; right now, DoorDash employees are working remotely through at least summer of 2021.
You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- You get to future shape, develop, and drive the implementation DoorDash’s DEI strategy, including, but not limited to, the integration of DEI into core people and business processes along the employee lifecycle (e.g. recruiting, onboarding, learning and development, performance management, recognition, succession)
- You will partner with the People Leadership Team to drive change through DEI metrics and track progress to goals
- You will partner within CBPG and work cross-functionally to launch focused and broad initiatives that enables everyone to increase and retain underrepresented employees across the company
- You will partner with Employee Communications and Connections to promote meaningful employer and recruiting brand content through all internal and external communication channels to keep all employees informed about our strategy, goals, initiatives, and progress to plan
- You will listen and integrate the voices of DoorDash's Employee Resource Groups into the overall D&I strategy and leverage their power of connection, community, and engagement to maximize impact
- You will provide oversight to relationships with external communities and organizations that are driving towards meaningful social change through leadership development
- You will serve as an influential leader, change agent, external influencer and internal consultant to implement effective and innovative solutions that deliver meaningful results at scale
We’re excited about you because...
- You have 10+ years of experience in HR, Marketing, Comms/PR, and/or other applicable disciplines with at least 5 years of experience with DEI in a leadership capacity
- You have demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- You have a proven track record of facilitating enterprise-level initiatives with and across the senior leadership layer
- You have exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) exhibited at all levels within an organization
- You are highly skilled at interpreting data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, drive decisions and measure impact
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and keen ability to establish trust and develop effective relationships with people across an organization
- You are a reputable people manager and references show that you have strong followership
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our ambitious goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, unlimited PTO, and comprehensive health benefits (including fertility and family-forming care)
Want to learn a little more about our culture and company values? We believe in transparency, so check out what it’s like [email protected] or follow us on Instagram @wearedoordash!About DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.