Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Launched in 2003, Squarespace has grown from a single-person operation to nearly 1,000 employees with offices in New York, Portland, and Dublin. As a company that empowers millions of people to share their work with the world, we are committed to growing an organization that is as diverse as our user base so that we can intimately understand, and create for, the multifaceted cultures and identities of our customers. We are in search of a Head of Diversity & Inclusion to help us make good on that commitment.
This position reports to our VP, People and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Develop a multi-year, cross-functional strategy aimed at attracting and advancing underrepresented talent, driving a culture of inclusion, and weaving the spirit of D&I into our product and brand
- Establish and operationalize the governance model, infrastructure, and enablement materials to support Squarespace’s Employee Resource Groups and position them as strategic partners to the business
- Advise and coach ERG leaders around strategic planning, leadership development, and impact/insight reporting
- Provide thought leadership, coaching, solutioning, and guidance to executives, HR Business Partners, recruiters, managers and employees on D&I matters
- Partner with the Communications and Employee Experience teams to regularly communicate internal and external D&I focused initiatives, events, and progress
- Partner with our HR Strategy & Analytics team to develop and insightfully report out on metrics that measure progress and the effectiveness of our diversity and inclusion strategy
- Identify, evaluate, and maintain relationships with external organizations (i.e., industryy, non-profit, and university groups) that align with our strategic objectives
- Represent Squarespace at internal and external speaking events
- 10+ years of strategic and operational experience delivering D&I initiatives in and/or partnership with a business
- Exceptional ability to navigate ambiguity and build collaborative, operational plans with key stakeholders across an organization
- High EQ and exceptional leadership competencies
- Strong written communication & presentation skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations to inform decisions and influence change
- Knowledge of the highly competitive technical labor market in New York City
- Current with industry news, EEO and other related legislation
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 650 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.