Director, Global Learning and Development at Peloton
The Director, Global Learning and Development, as part of the People team, continuously challenges, improves, and refines the impact of L&D program delivery throughout the organization. Through garnering the support of the broader senior executive team, the Director of Global Learning and Development shapes the creation, evolution, management and execution of L&D related strategies around the globe to support talent development and the achievement of strategic business goals. The Director of Global Learning and Development reports to the Senior Director of People.
The Director of Global Learning & Development is responsible for establishing and executing a development strategy that enhances the skills, knowledge and abilities of leadership and employees. The Director facilitates the achievement of business goals while building Peloton’s culture. This individual will facilitate training programs for Peloton’s leadership and employees alike and will collaborate with senior management to understand the long-term vision of the company and proactively plan and design programs that support global and regional training initiatives.
- Lead development of L&D framework, strategy, and execution for Peloton’s global employee population with an initial emphasis on creating an overall forward-looking manager development program and roadmap.
- Work closely with business leaders to address development gaps, and design and execute high-impact and scalable learning experiences informed by business needs.
- Oversee program management for employee development programs
- Assess training and development needs and determine initiatives needed to support divisions in achieving their business goals
- Develop and deliver training programs that align with our long term strategic focus areas for engineering employees and technical needs
- Build strong partnerships with People Team and business leaders. Be a role model for our values and exceptional collaboration, while driving alignment and clear decision making.
- Partner with cross-functional L&D teams to ensure consistency and best practice sharing
- Measure the success of programs through KPIs/metrics and take action based on insights
- Lead by example and positively influence stakeholders, clients and team mates
- Integrate Diversity & Inclusion concepts into new and existing leadership & management development program designs and experiences.
- Serve initially as primary writer and editor to produce quality courseware/programs that are adapted to the audience including: facilitator scripts/notes, leader guides, participant materials, multi-media scripting, supplementary resource tools, and all participant and stakeholder communications.
- Lead the design and delivery of post-program, follow-up support tools/processes; build and execute a measurement strategy to align program outcomes with business impact.
- Proactively manage and track key dates, events, and communications.
- Apply change management theory, best practices, and processes to lead small and large-scale change associated with new learning solutions.
- 8+ years experience in a People-focused role, including Learning & Development experience in a leadership capacity
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and email skills required
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business acumen
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure and be able to prioritize a heavy workload with multiple deadlines. Ability to work autonomously and with flexibility
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort in delivering to senior management at all levels of the organization
- A passion for Learning & Development and respect for the discipline and art of organization development; Experience in organizational design and change management is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that can adapt based on the audience
- Has a global mindset
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy, define programs and deliver content
- Proficiency in using technology to leverage Learning & Development and proficiency in using data and analytics to measure program outcomes
- Able to seamlessly navigate between the big picture and the details, and between hands-on and strategic
- Strong interpersonal skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.