Squarespace's People team is seeking a Director, HR Business Partners to join our growing People team. You will oversee a team of global HR Business Partners, supporting the talent strategies of the teams responsible for building, selling, and supporting our product. Working with the broader People Leadership Team and our Learning and Development experts, you will contribute to building and scaling the strategy behind our approach to talent management. You will lead the HRBPs in setting up and enhancing the structures and supporting mechanisms to ensure talent is a top priority for the company. You will serve as a thought leader and partner to the HRBPs as they work with senior leaders across the organization on matters such as feedback, compensation, organizational design and succession planning, change management, employee relations, and inclusive culture building. As a key senior leader reporting to the Chief People Officer, you'll also work with the broader People Team leaders on projects to cultivate our unique culture and people practices.
You will report to our Chief People Officer. We are open to remote candidates as long as you reside in an approved state (please see the application question).
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Working with our L&D leader and our OD expert, develop a measurable talent strategy; use data to share trends and applicable insights with our senior leadership team.
- Set the vision, structure and strategy for the HRBP team, helping them support a growing, global client base. Enhance the team's effectiveness by bringing more value to their stakeholders, and providing a more strategic level of impact to the business.
- Mentor a team of 4-5 HRBPs, providing feedback and career growth.
- Present, advocate for, and influence outcomes for operational excellence with partners across the organization.
- Coach senior leaders on how to deliver performance management, leveling, compensation, and career pathing conversations.
- Partner with our Diversity & Inclusion team, People Leadership Team and cross-functional D&I Task Force to execute our multi-year strategy aimed at attracting and advancing underrepresented talent and driving a culture of inclusion.
- Partner with our Compensation team to lead review cycles across a diverse set of teams and be an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices.
- Partner with the Training & Development leaders to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression.
- Partner with the Recruiting team leaders on strategic headcount planning, identifying essential roles and succession planning.
- 15+ years of working experience as an HR professional, including 7+ years of experience managing an HR team
- Demonstrated competence in garnering support for talent management strategies with alignment across executives and employees at all levels;
- Significant experience leveraging influencing skills across a broad spectrum of employees; able to recognize, engage and adapt across cultural differences
- Practical experience dealing with both domestic and international HR and recruiting practices, including employment law, payroll and benefits administration, the competitive talent landscape in tech with regard to benefit packages and total delivered comp, etc.
- Ability to draw from technical expertise, empirically based research and prior experience to ultimately tailor solutions to meet the needs of an organization’s unique culture & population
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy
- Strong bias towards teamwork and collaboration: communicates often with peers, presocializes work, and manages change with precision and empathy
- Strong bias towards focus & action: resourceful, execution oriented, and to able to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.