Shutterstock is seeking an effective and collaborative leader to serve as the Director of Human Resources for a rapidly growing tech company. The Director will focus on developing and implementing an HR strategy within the sales and marketing organizations to ensure that these strategies are aligned with Shutterstock’s business objectives. This HR Leader will partner with the various senior sales and marketing leaders (VP's and Directors) along with their respective leadership teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The individual in this role will assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development, retention and leadership development, and drive the appropriate solutions in these areas. The leader will set a compelling vision and mentor/develop the HRBP(s) on the team
- Understand Shutterstock’s business model and objectives, and contribute to the development of both business and HR strategies that align with objectives
- Sales experience with strong knowledge of commission planning and sales training.
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends; work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions
- Identify and take action on coaching opportunities including the facilitation of individual, team and leadership interventions
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop workforce plans and staffing models that support business objectives and advance the business and functions (talent acquisition, onboarding, development, talent movement)
- Support the implementation of structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance
- Advance diversity and inclusion efforts for the business
- Provides consultation on employee engagement and retention designed to support the desired organizational culture.
- Ensures effective leadership teams and benches through development, hiring, and coaching.
- Provides advice and guidance on performance management including leadership development, accelerated development, coaching talent reviews, and dismissals.
- Engage and influence senior management to support and implement HR initiatives across the organization including Total Rewards.
- Lead the development and implementation of systems and processes to drive continuous learning and knowledge sharing across the organization
- Work with partner groups to update and apply policies and procedures consistently across the business
- Proactively work with client group and HR leadership to propose and drive new HR initiatives that align with business needs
- Take a leadership role within the HR organization to help develop and mentor HR staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10+ years experience
- Experience in a public matrixed, fast-paced, global, and rapidly-changing business environment
- Prior experience in a start up environment is a plus
- A strong, results focused ability to quickly identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication, coaching, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally in order to solve problems and implement solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and high change agility
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V