Director, Learning and Development at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Role:
As the Director of Learning & Development, you will create and implement a leadership development framework designed for our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You will develop a robust management curriculum and own all learning and development end to end.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining strategic training initiatives to be scaled across the company.
Additionally, you will create innovative approaches around culture and development to retain and support our employees. This positions reports to the Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition and Development.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage leadership and management programs aligned with overarching organization development objectives and are tied to RTR’s strategic objectives and goals
- Create the leadership development curriculum for RTR; deliver the content and consistently improve and evolve our training as we grow and scale the business
- Own RTR’s new hire experience, evolving our current onboarding programing as needed and ensuring it continues to be right sized to our dynamic organization
- Become quickly immersed into the company culture, working closely with key business leaders to understand OKRs (Objective and Key Results) and ensure training programs support and align with larger company goals
- Create and implement training programs such as new hire training and onboarding, on-going development and other initiatives in support of business initiatives
- Design in-house scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Focus on delivering high impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension and application of the material utilizing technology, interaction, and innovative tactics
- Ensure consistency across the department as new training programs and operational standards are rolled out, including HR training
- Assist HR leadership in continually building bench-strength of leadership by determining needs through talent assessment, succession planning and individual development plans
- Develop solutions for increasing managerial and leadership effectiveness
- BA/BS plus 8+ years of experience in Learning & Development/Organizational Development
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting Diversity & Inclusion programming
- Advanced training and facilitation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and excellent communication style
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking L&D programming success
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.