Director, Learning & Development
DV is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world’s largest brands and media platforms. DV solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by delivering the highest level of impression quality transparency and accountability, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their global media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
Reporting Relationship: Chief Talent Officer
You thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. You naturally project positive energy, and go out of your way to build relationships both within the organization, and with external partners. You’re an excellent at identifying problems, developing and evaluating options, and implementing innovative solutions. You’re a lifelong learner and have a curious mindset. You possess a high level of emotional intelligence, and approach difficult situations as a challenge. You understand your development areas, and are taking steps to make the necessary changes. You’re resilient, agile, flexible and don’t get rattled if we “course correct”. You’re a natural collaborator, team player and are not afraid to give an opinion.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Director, Learning & Development to help build our training function and work across the organization to ensure employees have the knowledge, in both their specific vertical and the overall needs of the company, to support DV and excel in their positions. The ideal candidate will be experienced at creating curriculum and training plans, administering a training support platform and managing an instructional designer. This role will help support the organization as we expand globally and in new areas.
What You Will Get to Do
- Provide strategic direction and execution of organizational training and development programs and initiatives to promote a performance culture
- Understand key business drivers and products in order to work with business leaders to identify training needs
- Draw an overall, or individualized, training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations to support the different departments across the organization
- Deliver high impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension and application of the material utilizing technology, interaction, and innovative tactics
- Build a program to conduct a robust onboarding sessions and new hire assimilation
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Proven work experience as a learning and development leader
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs in a small start up environment
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations)
- Executive presence, listening and influence ability with senior leadership
- High level of flexibility, resilience, and adaptability
- Strong writing and documentation ability training manuals and compliance
- BS degree in education or relevant field