Director, People Business Partner (Field) at Peloton
The Peloton team is looking for a Director, People Business Partner with a demonstrated passion for building and sustaining positive, engaged work environments for associates and leaders. The successful candidate will have significant employee and labor relations subject matter expertise and proven success as a leader of people. In this role, you will develop and implement workplace policies, programs and enhancements to increase employee engagement and ensure compliance for our Field Teams. Peloton’s Operations team consists of: Final Mile (delivery), Middle Mile (distribution), and Supply Chain. This population consists of both exempt and non-exempt team members.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and partnering with line managers and stakeholders by providing high level advice and guidance to ensure all risk to the business is understood and mitigated with regards to people management, engagement, policy, and decision making. You will promote a positive Employee Relations environment, developing and coaching stakeholders in delivering a legally compliant and consistent best practice approach to create and sustain our high-performing, associate-centric culture. In addition, you will lead a team of Regional People Business Partners and Diversity, Equity, & Belonging Managers to drive a strategic approach to team member engagement, development, connected leadership, and diversity, equity, and belonging. You will also lead a team of experienced HR Business Partners (known as People Business Partners at Peloton).
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Lead team of experienced People Business partners and Diversity, Equity, & Belonging Managers to drive & lead business leaders through organizational change and evolution
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- Subject Matter Expertise: Utilize employee and labor relations expertise to identify issues, highlight and mitigate risk. High judgment development and execution of ER strategies and ER programs for the business. Assess and ensure all polices are compliant with federal, state and local requirements.
- Crisis Management: The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Assessing and calibrating responses to varying situations, using sound judgment in decision making. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component of the role.
- Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations, Legal and People leaders as well as other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback, support and necessary resources to develop and execute ER strategies and programs.
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- Travel: This is a position that requires travel domestically and international; up to 30% of the time.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- 5+years of people management/leadership experience
- Demonstrated progression and increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface and impact
- Employee and labor relations subject matter expertise.
- Experience in both union and non-union environments.
- Foundational understanding of labor and employment laws.
- Knowledge of tech industry and experience both in a start-up and an established HR environment a plus
- Deep knowledge of and experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching and progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.