At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for an experienced, people-first leader to guide our People Operations team through an exciting period of growth and beyond as we build a company for the ages. Working with your peers on the People Team, you will be responsible for improving current processes, developing future process improvements, and developing policies that ensure our employees, our culture and our company are engaged, healthy and growing while maintaining ethics and compliance at all times.
As the master of process efficiency within the People team, you will ensure that we eliminate as much as possible manual work-arounds and other inefficiencies so that your team can focus on supporting employees, problem-solving and other high-value activities. You have a process and systems orientation and you have engaged deeply in using / administering / rolling out enterprise wide HRIS systems in the past (preference for Workday experience).
Through effective relationship-building and excellent communication skills, you and your team will serve as a trusted resource to employees, managers and leaders across the organization as they plan and execute on their objectives. Your personal and professional commitment to thinking about work with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is evident in your experience and informs every decision you make.
As a leader of the People Operations team, you strike the balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your HR knowledge and expertise with your ability to pull-up and help to set plans for the future. You thrive in an environment where trust, autonomy and variety is the air you breathe and you are excited by solving one challenge after another in a fast-paced, growth-oriented business.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Understand the complexities of the Justworks business and build relationships across the business
- Lead the People Operations team to effectively support the business in all people-related processes
- Oversee the administration and operations of human resource programs and policies including, but not limited to, each stage of the employee journey, including on-boarding, employee status changes, off-boarding, promotions, transfers, and administration of compensation changes, benefits, and leaves;
- Anticipate obstacles and proactively offer and implement solutions to keep up with the growth of the business.
- Create objective measures and standardized reporting to help leadership understand employee trends.
- Partner with the Director of Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, Recruiting, People & Culture, DEI and Workplace Directors to operate as a cohesive people leadership team.
- Be an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors.
As a Director, People Operations, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a HR leadership position
- Background in process improvement, with preference for expertise in Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other lean operations frameworks
- Significant experience in benefits administration, payroll, systems administration, compensation and related HR-process functions
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives and a strong personal conviction toward combating racism
- Strong project management skills and experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continuously-evolving environment
- Skilled in leveraging HR technology to support business decisions (Workday, JW HR Tech Stack: Greenhouse, GSuite, Culture Amp, Wisetail, Justworks)
- Expertise in Workday; experience in leading through a successful Workday implementation is a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment