Director, People Operations
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building and maintaining operational infrastructure to enable a highly effective and productive people organization and a highly engaged workforce.
We seek a Director of People Operations to oversee a small team specializing in People Operations, Total Rewards, HRMS and Data Analytics. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of People Operations will work across the organization to ensure we are optimizing our current and future people strategies, programs, processes and systems to drive growth, productivity and high performance. At DigitalOcean, the People Operations team is continuously looking for ways to improve the candidate, employee and leadership experience from offer to onboarding to professional growth and development.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing and implementing operations strategies, policies and processes with supporting systems and tools that enable business growth; continually improving and advancing the Operations and People teams’ efficacy and DO’s ability to accelerate our employee, customer and revenue growth.
- Developing a competitive total rewards program, including compensation, incentive and equity structures with supporting policies, practices, structure and tools. Continually enhancing and expanding our global benefits programs, perks, and employee experiences to differentiate our employment brand and WOW our employees
- Partnering with People team and business leaders to enable effective goal setting, performance and talent management; make compensation recommendations for external hires, internal merit and salary adjustments, and promotions practices in accordance with competitive market benchmarks.
- Leading the guidance, planning and management of the People team budget; acting as liaison and partner to the Finance organization, ensuring effective alignment, collaboration and integration in systems, processes and policies
- Identifying and implementing an HR platform along with other supporting, integrated tools that readies the organization for 2-3x growth and creates a “one-stop-shop” for employment and compliance data; providing leader and employee self-service tools that enable efficiency and drive highly informed decisions
- Benchmarking, establishing and maintaining KPI’s, reporting and analytics and maintaining a dashboard to help identify, understand and communicate people goals, trends, and early issue identification. Guiding and focusing the organization on key metrics and results in people-related performance and costs
- Partner within the organization to build operational infrastructure necessary for global expansion, including establishing legal entities, providing immigration assistance and guidance for hiring. Ensure proper validation testing, data governance, audit, and compliance with data privacy laws, US wage & hour and employment laws, SOC II, GDPR, country regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the planning, rollout and analysis of input and feedback opportunities from varied employee channels, including employee satisfaction surveys, candidate and onboarding surveys, exit data, program evaluations, etc.
- Enable the success of the People function through shared goals, creating an enviable employee experience that is achieved through collaboration and teamwork.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- A successful track in assessing HR-related operational needs and developing and implementing compensation, benefits and systems strategies and tactics, as well as managing resources to deliver accountability, results and scalability.
- Expertise in leveraging data to create meaningful insights and recommendations; ability to craft stories using data that fundamentally influence the way our leaders think about their people and organization.
- Experience selecting and implementing an HR platform and complementary, integrated tools
- Experience in project management and developing project plans and schedules
- Experience in maintaining competitive benefits and compensation programs that attract and retain employees, including using change management practices to help grow and evolve an organization.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and relationship skills that establish trust, build consensus and create credible business partnership.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!