Director, People Operations at Frame.io
See all roles
We've got a fast-growing talent base and need your help with scaling and driving operational excellence across our People function.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
The Director of People Operations will oversee the operational aspects of the People function across the department. You will directly manage HR systems, Total Rewards, HR Operations, HR Analytics, and Payroll and will partner with other stakeholders in the People department to design, deploy, streamline and maintain processes, programs, policies to support a scalable and progressive People team (across all areas of HR from recruiting, engagement, and talent management). To spearhead our operational success, you will also establish and sustain metrics that will be used to drive strategic decisions and measure progress against KPIs.
As a leader on our People team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive operational excellence and scalability in a fast-growing talent base. Your work will directly enable our team to continue building a high-engagement culture and environment, and will contribute to the growth and development of our People team as well as the teams with whom we interface.
- Build and manage Frame.io’s HR operations team and function
- Own and oversee our core HR systems & technology and ensure data integrity across all employee platforms. Over the next 6-12 months this will also include a consolidation of systems & tools and implementation of a new HRIS solution that scales with us
- Evaluate, develop, and update Frame.io’s Total Rewards offerings to ensure a competitive compensation and benefits strategy in alignment with the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines
- Ensure that the administration, budgeting, and communication of compensation and benefits programs are well executed and contribute to a positive employee experience
- Build our HR Insights and Analytics. To spearhead our operational success, you will also establish and sustain metrics that will be used to drive strategic decisions and measure progress against KPIs
- Partner with stakeholders across the People Team to develop and implement effective people processes around the entire employee lifecycle and experience (i.e. attract, recruit, develop, perform, retain, separate, re-engineer)
- Simplify and streamline processes and help the People team, managers and employees use corresponding systems more effectively
- Responsible for all policy & compliance matters (handbook, policies, record keeping, training requirements, audits, annual reporting, etc)
- Manage vendor relationships and assist with budget management for People team, ensuring we leverage and optimize these services and resources available
- Oversee and ensure successful benefits, leave, and payroll administration
- You have previous HRIS systems design, test and delivery exposure. You have developed and conducted RFPs for HR systems (payroll, benefits, etc.) and data systems, and managed the successful deployment, complete with integration across teams/other systems. Experience using Workday is ideal.
- Proven Total Rewards and Benefits expertise in compensation and benefits design, administration, & pertinent regulations.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balanced by an appreciation for complexity and risk
- You’ve demonstrated success in building, deploying, and optimizing HR processes and systems for scale (including auditing existing practices, rolling out new processes/tools/systems, and developing feedback loops for continuous improvement).
- You bring an operational mindset to everything you do, leveraging and synthesizing complex data to measure organizational performance and develop straightforward, adoptable solutions.
- You have experience building out or enhancing HR analytics to drive improvements in productivity, organization effectiveness, enhance culture, and drive and measure strategic KPIs.
- As a people leader, you are well-versed in hiring, mentoring, and developing a high-performing team
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.