Director of People at Epsagon
Epsagon was founded to bring observability and automation to development and engineering teams leveraging microservices within their application architectures. Headquartered in the Flatiron District of NYC, our diverse team seeks to build, market, support, and sell a best-in-class, developer-focused tool that increases engineering efficiency and optimizes application service costs within today’s most tech-forward teams and companies. Having closed our Series A last year (with $30M in funding to-date) and seeing significant revenue and headcount growth, we’re seeking to continue expanding our team with a Director of People.
We are looking for an outstanding Director of People (HR) to join our team and support our growth across the U.S. and Israel. This individual will build the function from the group up, develop people programs, implement changes and roll out new initiatives to attract, engage, and grow our most valuable assets. To be successful in this role, this individual must be comfortable taking on a wide range of people-related tasks, partnering with stakeholders across the organization, and executing effectively to achieve outcomes.
The goal of the HR Director will be to ensure our People Operations function runs smoothly and effectively delivers value to the organization as a whole.
What You'll Do
- Lead people programs and initiatives, including learning and development for employees and leadership, performance management, and engagement surveying
- Develop and assess HR policies, processes, and workflows
- Develop and oversee Human Resource programs and policies including compensation, benefits and leave, employee relations issues, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, and morale, and occupational health and safety
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Leadership and other key stakeholders to identify areas of improvement and implement changes to increase efficiency
- Design content that builds on internal branding and strengthens the employee experience through consistent messaging.
- Partner with leaders to create a safe and inclusive working environment that regularly solicits feedback
- Create and implement strategies for succession planning, career-pathing, and talent development
- Partner with the hiring managers on recruiting, workforce planning, employer branding, and diversity initiatives.
- Manage and own the recruiting of the company in the United States.
- Have a bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence; be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves
What We Look For
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Broad knowledge of HR compliance, processes, and best practices
- Experience with HR software
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you will love about us!
- Startup with $30 million in funding, backed by investors like Lightspeed Ventures Partners and U.S. Venture Partners
- Excellent health coverage for employees
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance options for employees and their families
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Epsagon offices are remote during COVID-19 with frequent virtual social activities to promote positive employee engagement.