Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Position:
Foursquare is seeking a dynamic Director, Recruiting to work out of our New York City office reporting into the SVP, Human Resources. At Foursquare, we believe that our people are at the center of everything we do and we care deeply about bringing in and cultivating great talent. We are proud of being known for a seamless and positive recruiting process that produces excellent results. We’re looking for a passionate, strategic Talent Acquisition leader who will help us scale and build the future of our company.
The Director, Recruiting will possess excellent communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to function in a fast-paced and innovative environment. You will be able to dive deep into the trenches, while simultaneously acting as a strategic partner to candidates, hiring managers and our talented recruiters. You can quickly diagnose challenges and are solutions-driven in your approach to addressing them. You love to fine-tune existing process and create new and innovative ways of doing things. You will play a critical role in maintaining Foursquare’s unique and diverse culture, and will continuously evaluate how business priorities translate into recruiting goals. You will be passionate about developing our recruiters, enabling them to find the best talent.
As a core part of this hands-on work, the Director, Recruiting will be accountable for executing our vision, for our recruiting strategy, delivering results, as well as filling roles alongside colleagues on the Recruiting team.
- Collaborate on our current recruiting strategy by placing value and prioritization toward diversity, recruiting best practices, employer branding, and a positive candidate experience.
- Manage a full-cycle recruiting process alongside the current recruiting team, play an integral role in scaling and streamlining our recruitment program, and work closely with key leaders to ensure needs are being met internally and externally with candidates.
- Empower, manage, and develop our savvy team of recruiters.
- Partner with senior managers and employees across the company to help cultivate and communicate a company culture that encourages wide employee participation.
- Work with our HR, Finance and Legal teams to scale our processes as we grow across multiple offices and locations globally.
- Be a data-driven thinker and utilize data points to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for candidate attraction, retention and performance.
- 7+ years demonstrated expertise in selection/skills assessment, including at least 4 years of people management as a lead or manager, preferably in a start-up, media, tech, or fintech environment.
- Experience successfully identifying, implementing, managing, and measuring the drivers of best-in-class recruiting operations.
- The ability to be comfortable with a high-volume workload and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Passion for stellar candidate experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to plan and manage projects and budgets with a tight focus on execution, attention to detail, and forward-thinking strategy.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.