Director of Recruiting at Policygenius
About the role…
As Director of Recruiting at Policygenius, you'll serve as a business partner in all things hiring, aligned to our rapidly expanding sales & operations teams, but with reach across the company. Reporting to the Senior Director of Recruiting, you’ll lead a team of high-performing recruiters to deliver on our aggressive growth targets and grow our customer-facing teams, all while building the recruiting “machine” to ensure quality, velocity, and efficiency in the process. Lastly, as a leader on the recruiting team, you’ll lead by example by serving as a trusted partner to your hiring leaders and a transparent advocate for your candidates, and you’ll collaborate across teams to impact strategic people initiatives across the organization.
In this role, you will…
- Empower, manage, and develop a rapidly growing team of recruiters and coordinators, play an integral role in leveling up our recruiting strategy for scale, and work closely with senior leadership to ensure hiring needs are being met internally, from headcount planning through to execution
- Develop and implement recruiting KPIs and performance tracking for both recruiters & hiring managers, with emphasis on maintaining high quality, values-aligned hires even through a period of rapid scale
- Coach hiring leaders, hiring managers and recruiters on best practices for effective candidate engagement and evaluation, and serve as an advocate for the candidate experience at every step of the hiring process
- Collaborate with recruiting leadership & recruiting operations to report out on hiring progress and support pipeline problem-solving
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a handful of requisitions, including sourcing, resume screening, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, and coordinating offers
- Support Pg’s values-driven culture by leaning in across multiple facets of the employee life-cycle: including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, and onboarding, as needed
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years of full-cycle in house recruiting experience, ideally in a high volume, high-growth environment
- You have successfully hired, managed, and developed recruiting teams of 10+ to deliver on aggressive hiring goals at scale; you have experience forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data and measuring recruiting performance to improve effectiveness
- You are a people person, with natural, authentic people skills and the ability to build trust-based relationships and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- You have a strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- You’re a strong collaborator and decision-maker; you’re self-motivated and independent, with the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple objectives at the same time
- You have demonstrated previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage, and hire amazing talent at all levels, from frontline operations to senior leadership
- You have experience with recruiting tools and techniques (we use Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, and Gem)
- You’re passionate about our mission to help our customers get financial protection right!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!