At Teachable, we believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses. We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced Director of Talent Acquisition who will lead a team of dedicated and thoughtful recruiters across technology and business roles. This role reports directly to the VP of People and will be a critical partner to all senior leaders across the organization.
Over the last 4 years, Teachable’s employee base has grown from 30 to over 175 across offices in Las Vegas, Durham, and New York City with plans to add nearly 100 additional headcount in 2021 alone, including international talent. The Director of Talent Acquisition will lead our talent and recruitment strategy to ensure our team meets aggressive growth goals and is resourced with the right talent to support our expanding business and company goals.
The Director of Talent Acquisition partners with departmental leaders across business units to understand their resourcing needs, inform headcount planning, and execute on finding the right talent. Beyond solely focusing on new talent, this role actively builds relationships with leadership, cultivates and mentors the recruiting team, and will help to operationalize a recruiting process that will scale Teachable to the next level. This role will play a pivotal role in creating and implementing a talent strategy that will support our growth and our mission.
This role leads a team of skilled recruiters and is responsible for their continued professional development. Working with and through their team, they direct recruiting resources, internally and externally, to ensure that positions are filled in a timely manner with a best in class experience for hiring managers and candidates. The ideal candidate will have passion for our product and mission but also love the scale-up phase--meaning, they will bring structure, organization, and knack for making things run smoothly while preserving a tight, collaborative team atmosphere. The Director will manage a team of 4 recruiters and 1 coordinator with the ability to expand headcount further in 2022.
- Articulate overall talent acquisition strategy and define company-wide recruiting goals in partnership with the VP of People and executive leadership
- Design and implement best in class recruiting processes
- Represent Teachable as a brand ambassador and leading our employer branding efforts
- Partner directly with the executive leadership team to lead confidential searches and organize hiring efforts for executive and senior positions
- Serve as a thought leader in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion as it relates to recruiting and talent strategy.
- Organize diversity recruiting strategy with key KPIs, tools, and concrete hiring plans
- Act as trusted advisor and partner to leaders at every level to define and develop strategic hiring plans that support their business needs
- Create and implement recruiting service level agreements for our hiring managers and ensure our recruiting team upholds those standards both for our hiring managers as well as all candidates
- Oversee and manage annual recruiting budget
- Build and maintain a recruiting metrics dashboard and regularly inform and update executive leadership
- Partner closely with other members of the People Leadership team Mentor and develop recruiting team members by actively engaging in career development discussions, supporting their professional development by looking for training opportunities, and setting up recruiting best practices for the organization
- Keep tabs on market dynamics and how it may affect our recruiting strategies and processes
- Continuously iterate on our talent acquisition processes to ensure that we have a consistently positive experience for candidates, hiring managers, and hiring teams
- Define success for the team by mapping out key KPIs and quarterly goals
- Partner closely with the Director of People Operations and Department leaders to ensure that we are providing the best People team support to our employees
- Direct the team in building out key programs such as campus recruiting and internship opportunities
- Work with the team to develop key partnerships with external partners and organizations to ensure a diverse and capable pipeline of talent from non-traditional backgrounds
- 2+ years of experience leading Talent functions, with a proven track record of growing and developing high-performing recruitment teams
- 8+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in-house, within a high volume, high-growth environment with an emphasis on technical talent
- Strong track record of delivering on aggressive hiring goals, with a keen eye for goal setting, analyzing data and measuring recruitment performance to improve productivity
- Proven experience implementing diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Experience with international hiring is a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.