Director of Talent & Diversity at DailyPay, Inc.
At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.
The Director, Talent & Diversity is an integral leader within DailyPay’s People team. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, this role is an exciting opportunity to build and establish the strategy, design, development and implementation for end to end talent management, diversity, and organization effectiveness processes and tools needed to support our rapidly scaling company. This individual must be both strategic and hands on in leading all facets of Talent and Diversity work, assessing and improving existing practices and building to fill capability gaps. The successful candidate will be conversant with best practices in performance management, talent reviews, talent acquisition, career pathing, leadership and individual assessments, and DEI and will deploy this knowledge to keep DailyPay positioned as an employer of choice and to grow our talent to meet the requirements of our fast scaling company while enhancing our culture. You’ll create and implement enterprise career architectures and ensure that employees and leaders are well equipped to use them. You’ll partner closely with the Director of Total Rewards, People Operations business partners, Employee Experience and Culture Manager, CEO, the Diversity Leadership Committee (DLC) and DailyPay’s Operating Committee of functional leaders driving innovative solutions to address the needs of our growing business.
In your first year in this role, you will lead needs assessment and strategic planning for all areas of responsibility, and will select and implement strategic partners who can support our scaling. You’ll also seek opportunities to embed metrics, reporting routines, build out consistent calendars and tools for our performance management, talent review, and learning processes, and will implement relevant scorecards and tracking tools. You will initially lead a lean team of talent acquisition professionals, and will work to build out your team over time.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and business leaders on recruitment strategies and deployment to ensure broad representation of qualified diverse candidates cost and time efficient ways
- Evaluate and implement a performance management system
- Own selection and deployment of learning platforms and strategies for individual contributors and managers; create and manage associated budget including L&D stipend program
- Lead employment branding work in partnership with CPO and CMO
- Work with the Director, Total Rewards to build out functional career ladders and an enterprise strategy for implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Plan and manage internal mobility programs, in partnership with the business partner team
- Coordinate enterprise workforce planning and ensure talent acquisition team is resourced to deliver
- Be a thought partner on the design and roll-out of training to help educate all colleagues on diversity, inclusion, and bias; conceive and implement metrics for success
- Partner with DailyPay’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) and support their growth and productivity; partnering to deliver webinars and events to deepen knowledge, awareness and appreciation of DEI across DailyPay
- Serve as an organization design guru, providing frameworks and counsel to leaders and People Operations business partners
- Demonstrated track record of building and scaling talent capabilities; hands on experience in both TA/OD/Talent Management
- Masters degree in relevant field (Organizational Psychology, HR) a plus
- Outstanding project and budget management skills
- Practical and economical approach to assessing and implementing vendor spend
- Metrics and analytics focused, demonstrated analytical acuity
- Great coach, mentor, and developer of talent at all levels of the organization
- Experience and passion for DEI work
- Experience supporting diverse workforces including call centers
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.