Director, Talent Management at Peloton
Peloton is searching for a Director of Talent Management to support our talent processes, programs and systems from onboarding throughout the team member journey. We want to be the best place to work for the world’s top talent. For that reason, our talent objective is two-fold: to create world-class and innovative talent programs, and to provide ample, consistent, and enticing pathways for the growth and development of our people. You’ll build, roll out, manage and help scale innovative global talent management processes where no programmatic offering previously existed – e.g., performance management cycle and components, promotion reviews, calibration/talent reviews, talent assessment, succession planning, and career development.
The Director of Talent will play a crucial role in this objective. As a member of the Talent Team, this role will be responsible for building and managing our nascent talent programs, innovating and filling gaps where identified. This role will regularly measure and report on the efficacy of our programs, ensuring that the programs continuously iterate and improve. This role will report to the Senior Director of Learning and Talent Development, and will partner closely with global business leaders across all functions.
The best candidate will bring a holistic view to talent management that is born from experience in a variety of disciplines within the People function. Ideally, the candidate will have experience building and maintaining talent programs in a start-up or technology company environment. This individual is dynamic, comfortable with ambiguity and change, and energized by rapid growth and scale. They will have the capacity to develop a vision for the talent program as well as the ability to build and execute talent management solutions. This individual will operate with a bias for action and a focus on driving continuous improvement through rigorous evaluation.
- You’ll build, roll out, manage and help scale innovative global talent management processes where no programmatic offering previously existed – e.g., performance management cycle and components, promotion reviews, calibration/talent reviews, talent assessment, succession planning, and career development.
- You’ll develop materials that are engaging, inspiring, inclusive and global, and you’ll partner with internal creative teams to ensure that communications, presentations, participant materials and digital solutions have a “Peloton” feel.
- You’ll take the initiative to develop and manage timelines, driving our projects forward and pivot/reprioritize as necessary.
- You’ll generate metrics to evaluate effectiveness, ROI and inclusivity of programs, and identify insights that will drive continuous improvement.
- You’ll collaborate with global People Business Partners, business leaders, and People Centers of Excellence to measure impact, and start to assess and predict needs as we develop a talent cycle.
- You’ll serve as a resource for team members and leaders, providing just in time education and perspective on our programs and processes.
- You’ll work with People Analytics to ensure cleanliness and integrity of our talent data, and will produce and present People data insights that enable us to make great decisions about our talent.
- You’ll learn and become the expert in talent components of our HRIS technology, managing data integration and ensuring we are pushing the limits of what the tech will offer.
- You’ll be curious and keep an eye on the external market, partnering with our systems COE to bring new solutions to the table.
- You’ll build and manage tools, you’ll evolve tools and solutions from manual to fully automated ensuring we drive toward efficiency and scale.
- You’ll perform data analysis using advanced excel skills and other applications to see our impact on the organization.
- You’ll be a collaborative member of the Talent Management and Business Partner teams, a trust-worthy supporter of the business, and a model for junior People team members.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience rolling out, managing and scaling innovative global talent management processes
- Minimum of 7 years of related HR experience in talent management
- Experience building and rolling out talent solutions in a fast paced or high growth environment, preferably in tech or similar environment
- Experience managing programs at large regional or global scale
- Experience operating within an HRIS
- High level of discretion – ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills; ability to effectively address tricky situations and have difficult conversations
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage your and other’s time
- Aptitude for and interest in managing/evaluating large sets of data and using data to generate insights
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and teaming
- Willingness to participate in calls across time zones as needed and travel as needed
- Self starter with strong organization skills/detail orientation, ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, mission driven environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.