Diversity & Inclusion Recruiting Program Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is hiring for a Diversity & Inclusion Recruiting Program Manager to further develop and scale our efforts to build diverse and inclusive pathways to working at Better. This position will be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of our D&I program within Talent Acquisition, including goal setting, partnering with the recruiting team, business leaders, and external partners, developing and launching D&I programs, processes, partnerships and training.
- Design, launch, and scale a robust D&I talent acquisition strategy focused on better engaging, supporting and hiring qualified candidates from underrepresented communities
- Develop performance metrics and goals for diversity recruiting efforts. Track against these metrics and report out to the organization to communicate program impact and identify further opportunities
- Work closely with the rest of our D&I team, company leadership, and Employee Resource Groups to connect the D&I recruiting program with overall company D&I and business goals, ensuring collaboration between diversity recruiting, retention and advancement efforts
- Lead, augment, and form new relationships with external partners and events that promote a diverse and inclusive pipeline of talent across levels and functions
- Develop critical training and development programs for interviewers, hiring managers, and recruiters to ensure our recruiting approaches and processes are setting up candidates from all backgrounds for success
- Contribute to building and communicating Better’s employer brand as a company that prioritizes diversity, equity and inclusion
- Serve as an internal specialist on trends, standard methodologies, and news in the broader diversity and inclusion space, to advise and educate the organization
- Proven ability crafting and delivering Diversity & Inclusion programs, and experience in recruiting at both university and industry levels
- Deep experience and understanding of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion standard methodologies to attract, engage, support and hire diverse groups of candidates
- Experience developing relationships with external partners to advance company D&I initiatives
- Highly comfortable using data to drive decision making and measure success
- Outstanding communication skills and track record of building alignment amongst cross-functional partners to drive initiatives
- Comfort working in high growth companies with high levels of ambiguity
- Ability to effectively lead and execute many projects and tasks in parallel
- Ability to influence various teams without direct reporting structure
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.