Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
Hyperscience is looking for an Employee Experience Manager to join our People team. The Employee Experience Manager will be responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to all the employees of Hyperscience from the moment they join the company. It’s an especially exciting time to join this team as we build the infrastructure and foundation of Employee Experience to meet a growing, distributed workforce. This role will report to the Director of HR Business Partners.
The People team enables Hyperscience to thrive by empowering our people to become their best. The team is split into four verticals: Employee Experience, People Operations, Recruiting, and Talent Development.
- Deliver an exceptional experience to the humans of Hyperscience, both inside and outside of the office
- Own the New Hire Onboarding experience, ensuring from day one, we are cultivating a culture that excites our people and keeps them connected to the company mission, vision and values
- Own office and remote experience, overseeing all workplace related services in and outside of the office, with the utmost level of customer service and attention to detail
- Manage our programs aimed at cultivating our culture, evolving them in creative and innovative ways to ensure employee engagement and satisfaction (owning the administration of the employee engagement survey)
- Own internal events, delivering experiences that enhance connectivity both in a distributed culture and, eventually, in-person
- 3+ years of experience in an Employee Experience or Workplace role, managing and developing employee experience programs in a fast-paced, growing company
- Record of designing and launching People Programs related to engagement and culture
- Experience managing offices and workplace experience for a hybrid workforce, delivering creative solutions to engage a distributed workforce
- Very strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to own programs and initiatives at all levels, from development and design, to execution and details
- Willingness to participate in calls across time zones as needed
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.