Global Head of People
Greater NYC Area
Do you believe that people are the success of any organization?
Bizzabo is the only Event Success Platform. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software enables in-person events to deliver unique attendee experiences through intelligent and intent-based personalized engagement. We help companies measure, manage and scale events towards key business outcomes, empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Forbes, Hubspot’s INBOUND, Dow Jones, Gainsight, Bank of Ireland and Electronic Arts. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has more than 120 employees in its New York and Tel-Aviv offices.
At Bizzabo, we believe that the people you hire and the culture you build are what makes us successful as a company. We are looking for a Global Head of HR to join and lead the HR team and everything people related at Bizzabo.
As the Head of HR, you will be part of a global executive leadership team and report directly to the CEO. Your work will be instrumental for Bizzabo’s growth, all while developing and maintaining the company's culture and values.
This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to different levels in the organization and managing a global HR team. You will be responsible for scaling our company culture, advising and overseeing recruiting, HR and people operations initiatives. You will design, improve and iterate on key talent processes and policies, developing strategies to drive and accelerate the recruiting function at Bizzabo as we enter a stage of significant growth. You will lead and manage a team of talented and mission-driven human resource professionals in NY, Tel-Aviv, and any other future locations we open. You will be in charge of designing processes and initiatives to foster a culture of growth for our people. You will support all teams in recruiting, talent management, benefits, training, performance management, employee growth, and employee retention.
You will lead the implementation and development of people strategies to position the organization as an employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices, and trends within the industry.
You are forward-thinking and know how to achieve short-term goals while implementing scaling processes and tools for the long-term. With your passion for people and performance optimization, you’ll navigate the complex issues of rapid growth and champion a people-focused and solutions-oriented approach to ensure success.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Serving as a strategic advisor to Bizzabo’s global executive team for all aspects of HR and work to develop HR strategies to maximize growth
- Understanding leadership priorities and influencing through contracting/consultation
- Translating the strategic and tactical business initiatives into operational plans
- Influencing and driving change with executive teams and across organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals, and maintaining effective relationships with employees
- Leading, developing and growing a global team of human resource functions (including HRBPs, Recruiters, HR managers, Organizational Development, and Welfare functions)
- Implementing and enforcing HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization
- Developing staffing strategies and implementation plans to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility
- Evaluating and advising on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Developing appropriate policies and programs for effective management of people across the organization: programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others
- Maintaining knowledge of global HR policies, programs, laws and issues while ensuring cohesion across different offices
- Initiating programs that help our culture continue to thrive
- Managing the budget and other financial measures of the HR department
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local programs and regulations
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with at least 10 years of experience in human resources, talent acquisition, and organizational development
- A well-rounded capability across the full HR spectrum - talent acquisition, development and training, compensation and benefits, performance management, and talent management - relevant to a rapidly scaling organization
- Significant experience leading and developing professionals in a combination of General HR, Talent Acquisition and related disciplines, and leading geographically dispersed HR teams
- Experience working with a global business and successfully managing global teams and leadership
- A proven track record of success in scaling a company’s core culture and values from an early stage through growth stage company
- Strong project management, organization, and communication skills backed with a data-driven approach
- The ability to handle sensitive situations and to maintain confidentiality
- Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
Full-time position. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work might be necessary.
THE BIZZABO COMMUNITY:
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
We are a dog friendly office!
Our office is located on 27th and Broadway- a prime area for great lunch spots, train accessibility, and views of the Empire State Building.
We're a company that loves our food. We have a fully stocked fridge and pantry and bi-weekly catered breakfast and lunch.
We have quarterly Bizzabonding activities and lunch and learns where Bizzaboers can share unique talents or interesting things they have learned.
Read Full Job Description