Head of Diversity & Inclusion at Harry's
About the Team
The Head of Diversity and Inclusion will be launching and running the D&I function at Harry’s. This critical leader will report into the Chief People Officer and be part of the broader People team. Our People team is highly respected by the business; we care deeply about the Harry’s team and partner closely with leadership to drive innovation and create an environment where people feel a sense of belonging. Our team is global, so the Head of Diversity and Inclusion needs to think globally too by designing an approach that works for our US, UK and Germany teams.
About the Role
As the Head of Diversity and Inclusion, you will have a platform to have a significant impact on our business and our people. Over the last three years, Harry’s has made progress on some D&I initiatives - from sourcing practices to progressive policies to ERGs. However, we have not done enough to support D&I across our teams and are committed to doing even better in the future. We realize that in order to drive the change and progress we aspire to, we need a strong, dedicated team with real experience and expertise who can partner at the most senior levels of the organization.
Within this role, you will define and set the Diversity and Inclusion strategy across all aspects of the business - within our team internally, with our brands, with Harry’s partner organizations, and how we show up in the world externally. While we believe an initial focus on our internal team is important, we are looking for a leader who is excited to think about D&I across all aspects of our business. We want to set a bold ambition for D&I at Harry’s and are looking for an individual who can help us define that by getting input from across the company and getting buy-in at all levels of leadership.
You will be the first hire on the D&I team, but we expect you to grow the team quickly, based on your vision.
What you will accomplish:
- Conduct an in-depth D&I assessment (including surveys, focus groups, data analysis, process assessments), creating a synthesized report with clear findings, insights and actions
- Create a D&I vision, strategy and goals with specific activities and outcomes based on your assessment, experience and expertise, leveraging proven levers from your toolkit
- Identify key metrics and targets for D&I, including a process to measure and communicate progress to leadership and the broader team, and determine a point of view as to how we share externally
- Launch ‘diversity scorecards’ with teams, assessing current state and co-creating action plans with leaders, People Business Partners and Recruiting
- Build outstanding training programs, creating content based on your expertise, in partnership with our Learning & Development team
- Influence how our brands show up in the world, providing input into brand positioning, marketing campaigns and partnerships
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create programs and policies to ensure progressive partnerships with suppliers and vendors
- Represent Harry’s externally, sharing your expertise and experiences through speaking engagements, panels, articles, etc.
- Be a thought partner for People team and leaders - a go-to resource and coach for advice on D&I topics
This should describe you:
- Experienced Influencer. You know how to gain buy-in with the senior team (CEOs and their direct reports), driving excitement and buy-in to D&I efforts
- D&I authority. You have a proven toolkit with thoughts, ideas, and experience to bring to bear across recruiting, training, working with teams, policies, etc.
- Pragmatically innovative. You have a pragmatic approach to implementing D&I programs. You always want us to do the right thing and try new things. You couple that with an understanding of the practical considerations and nuances of running a global business
- Data junky. You love to dig into data and pull out insights and tell stories
- Delightful collaborator. You are someone people truly enjoy working with.You know how to influence others to get to the best outcome. You are also proactive and roll up your sleeves to take things on and get it done!
- Inspirational coach. You are a go to resource for help, support, guidance. You inspire others through your passion and wisdom
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Chief People Officer at Harry’s
- You will work most closely with the People team at Harry’s which has six main functions - Recruiting, People Business Partners, Learning & Development, People Operations, Workplace Experience and Social Mission
- You will lead our Employee Resource Group program. We currently have six ERGs that are led by passionate members of our team and create great connections, understanding and programming for the company
- You will work with leaders and team members across the business
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.