Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Mental health and performance have historically been treated very separately in the workplace. Most workplaces either explicitly or implicitly choose one of the two to optimize for in any key decision: performance or wellbeing. They are treated as a trade-off or at odds with each other. For example, at Spring Health, we have historically valued both employee mental health and performance but treated them as separate metrics:
• We value our own employees’ mental health, for obvious reasons: we work passionately towards eliminating every barrier to mental health in other workplaces every day, but we need to put on our own oxygen masks before we help others.
• We also value performance at Spring Health because we care — a lot. Our mission is to eliminate every barrier to mental health, and we know that it will take extraordinary ingenuity and execution to get there. High performance allows us to have a global impact on millions of lives quickly, efficiently, and excellently.
We want Spring Health to lead the way in being the most mentally healthy and high-performing company in the world. We therefore have established a new People framework that always considers mental health and high performance in combination, so that the two priorities are never at odds with each other. We plan to use this framework to evaluate all People benefits, policies, and practices.
The Head of Employee Health and Performance will be responsible for further defining this framework and owning the progress against our ambition to be the most mentally healthy and high performing company in the world. This person would work closely with Spring Health’s People team to execute on innovative workplace initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define and own KPIs to measure progress against our goal to become the highest performing, most mentally healthy workplace in the world
- Build a multi-disciplinary team of data science, operations, and psychology to form a center of excellence and innovation within Spring Health
- Innovate through pilots and experimentation using data and the latest research to drive the most mentally healthy and high performing culture possible
What we expect from you:
- A (formerly) practicing and trained psychologist and/or psychiatrist
- Have 3+ years of experience in business consulting
- MBA’s preferred
- Have 2+ years of start-up experience
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible, remote friendly work arrangements and setup
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.