What you'll do:
- Strategic Partner: Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Management Team, especially the COO and CEO, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues and serve as a coach for the members of the management team
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: In partnership with the People Ops team, lead the organization towards embodying its principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and foster an inclusive culture with a racial equity lens in decisions regarding hiring and retention initiatives
- Culture, Engagement and Employee Experience: Help to communicate and uphold the organization’s values and ensure that they come through in all key initiatives and people-oriented decisions; partner with our Sr. People Operations Manager to create a differentiated employee experience strategy that touches all points of the employee lifecycle and ensure we have an exceptional environment for all employees
- Coaching and Mentorship: Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization
- Talent Acquisition: Attract the best talent so that each new hire elevates our talent bar; in partnership with our recruiting team, lead the end-to-end recruiting process
- Learning & Development: We are a culture of constant learning, growing, and development, and you'll partner with our People Operations Manager to lead the creation of L&D programs that prepare employees across the company to grow their responsibilities alongside the company's growth
- Compensation: Ownership and advancement of our total rewards program
- Team Management: Building and managing a team of people operations professionals; placing special emphasis on professional development and motivation
Why we're excited about you:
- A track record of strategic HR leadership success; your 12+ years of experience spans both private and public companies, growth organizations, and companies with global workforces
- Leading HR function through IPO or Acquisition preferred
- Expertise in organizational design, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning
- Constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple competing priorities
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
Why you are excited about us:
- Impact: There are few roles at Skillshare that will have more impact on our long-term success. Your team builds the foundations of how we work and the amazing people who work here.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time. As Skillshare grows and evolves, you’ll have a constant stream of opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.