Head of People at Hinge
Hinge is hiring a Head of People to lead the department that supports our most important asset: our people. Reporting to the CEO, you will partner closely with Hinge’s leadership team and Match Group’s HR team to manage people-related programs including HR/People Operations, Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition, and Diversity and Inclusion. Modeling our values of Authenticity, Courage, and Empathy, you will build strategies and process to attract and retain the very best talent and ensure a best in class employee experience.What You'll Do
- Lead a world-class People team that is accountable, operates with urgency and empathy, and is motivated by data
- Develop people strategies to complement or enhance our existing programs focused on talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, learning and development, compensation, benefits, and culture.
- Optimize our process and scale the team to meet our hiring needs.
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure Hinge principles are lived each day while coordinating with Match Group processes as the business scales and grows
- Foster a diverse workplace which enables all employees to contribute to the organization to their fullest potential
- Manage learning and development programs to align with Hinge strategies, with an emphasis on growing manager capabilities that align with the growth of the business
- Oversee an outstanding new hire experience including new hire orientation and work with managers to guide new hire ramp-up to productivity within 3 to 6 months
- Partner with leadership to roll out Match Group's performance review process that reflects our values and business need
- Own employee relations questions and concerns as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and city legal requirements
- A Bachelors Degree is required; Master Degree in Human Resources Management or related fields preferred
- 10+ years of total experience within a startup and large company environments is preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of two or more direct reports.
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Experience leading HR initiatives at a scaling organization
- Balance of business acumen, high emotional intelligence, and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable and adept at interpreting and adhering to labor laws and regulations at both the state and federal level
- Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels
- Team player who also likes to have some fun at work
- Experience with Workday
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP)
Objectives in first 6 months
- Build relationships with your direct team as well as people across our organization.
- Understand the existing culture and history of the company. Formulate opinions on what's been driving the success of the company to date, vs what needs to change (processes, ways of working) as we scale.
- Decide on 2020 objectives and a strategic plan that will bring our Engagement Score to an all-time high.
- Start acquiring the resources (including additional hires) you'll need to fill out your team
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches, and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.Our Culture
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian, and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.