Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As our first dedicated People (Cityfolx) Support and Advocacy Lead at Cityblock, you will build and lead a best in class Employee Relations team. You will
- Act as an advocate to listen, learn, raise awareness and support for all Cityfolx
- Devise solutions and recommendations aligned with company culture, DEI commitments and laws governing employment issues
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and unwavering commitment to employee privacy and confidentiality
- Evaluate current employee relations processes end to end, establishing processes that are aligned with Cityblock’s mission, values, and commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
- Independently manage inquiries into workplace concerns end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and debrief meetings with leadership
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders (People Partners, Legal, Leadership, etc.) to conduct investigations, provide counsel, and facilitate prompt, fair, and effective resolution of workplace concerns to help deliver a positive employee experience
- Conduct exit interviews, compile themes and present to management and leadership for timely resolution
- Analyze people relations trends and partner with People Partners, L&D, and Leadership to develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies
- Drive planning and implementation of company-wide HR initiatives, including proactive strategies to mitigate employee relations issues
Requirements for the Role:
- Five to ten years of progressive HR experience including experience conducting investigations and understanding of employee relations
- Compassionate, driven, and proven record to influence leadership
- Exhibits exceptional integrity, confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to establish trust and credibility
- Can handle employee inquiries with objectivity and consistency
- Able to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of federal/local laws governing employment issues
- Can work independently and prioritize workload/cases
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.