Head of Talent Acquisition at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The People Operations team curates, promotes, and delivers irresistible team member experiences. We make it happen by fostering engaging relationships and providing access to development in diverse and flexible workplaces. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, your best work will result in a highly talented, engaged, and diverse workforce at OnDeck and its subsidiary SaaS company, ODX. You will inspire leaders, hiring partners, and your talent acquisition team to drive towards world class candidate experiences, effective competency-based interview processes, and creative approaches to talent acquisition to drive the company forward through new team members.
As the Head of Talent Acquisition at OnDeck, you will:
- Continue building OnDeck’s amazing culture through a robust talent acquisition strategy rooted in diverse hiring, structured interviewing, and hiring partner relationships.
- Be accountable for the “Attraction” pillar of the company’s determined mission to build a more diverse and inclusive OnDeck; own relationships with key partners, and source new ones, to support our talent brand presence in underrepresented talent communities.
- Own the recruiting function - build, augment, and manage strategies and processes that can quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively hire relevant talent for the company today, and build for talent pipelines needed in the future.
- Deliver on a newly curated Talent Brand and Employee Value Proposition approach through candidate and hiring manager experiences experience that align with our brand positioning and messaging.
- Introduce innovative hiring methodologies through identifying unique and non-traditional sources for finding diverse candidates
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems, sourcing strategies, and training necessary to scale and support the recruitment function.
- Identify, integrate and manage all recruiting related vendors and tools.
- Partner closely with People Operations Leadership team in aligning OnDeck’s Workforce Plan and Total Rewards strategies to labour market expectations.
- Hire, manage and develop all levels of the recruiting staff.
- Develop customized reports that track and communicate recruiting metrics, trends, variances, and spending.
- Create, manage and have accountability for the recruiting budget.
- Lead targeted executive searches as well as provide back-up sourcing and interview assistance to the recruiting team and hiring managers as needed.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- At least 10 years of recruiting experience in high growth companies, including producing as an individual contributor and leading a team of talent acquisition professionals.
- Practical experience and results in leading a diversity hiring strategy or program, and can leverage proven approaches and philosophies to ensure inclusive recruiting practices in attraction, selection and assessment.
- Ability to develop a strong business acumen in the fintech and small business lending space, in order to comprehensively support all of OnDeck’s hiring needs across the business (function, location, and skills).
- Analytical ability with experience and insights and reporting for executive audiences.
- Proficient in creating and managing a budget and implementing metrics to effectively track cost-per-hire, time to fill, sourcing effectiveness, quality of hire, and other recruitment related metrics.
- Experience leading and managing people at various layers of the organization and across multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- Experience with our recruiting technologies including Greenhouse.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
ODX’s ground-breaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**