Head of Talent Acquisition at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The Head of Talent Acquisition will lead, coach and oversee our Talent Acquisition team. In addition to managing our high performing sourcers, recruiters, and recruiting coordinators, this Head of Talent will play an instrumental role in helping to transform and scale the Paxos recruitment strategy and operations. This leader will drive Paxos towards meeting our growing, aggressive demand for talent, while keeping our hiring bar incredibly high. The impact of this role will be directly felt in hiring the next generation of leaders and talent at Paxos.
What you will do:
- Oversee recruiting strategy; drive best practices to attract top talent and plan for staffing resources.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing & Communications to help build a world-class employer brand.
- Utilize insights from recruiting analytics, metrics-based operational processes and effective coaching skills to build a TA team with strong business partnership capabilities.
- Oversee a TA team with strong business partnership capabilities based on insights from recruiting analytics, metrics-based operational processes and effective coaching skills.
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience working at both strategic and executional levels.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with leadership teams and department leads.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and previous exposure to high-growth, fast paced and collaborative environments.
- Experience recruiting for a technology organization that is known for their quality of talent.
- Strong track record of coaching direct reports.
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ