Preference for NYC based but will consider remote!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Our ambitions are massive, and we have the resources to achieve them. We just need the talent, and that’s where we need you. Codecademy's Talent Team is looking for an experienced Director of Talent Acquisition with a demonstrated history of leadership and team development in high-growth, technology-focused companies. We need to double our company size every year for the next few years, without letting talent quality slip. It’s not going to be easy, but if you’re the right person for the job, that’s what makes it fun.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage, lead, and continue to develop Codecademy's talent team, working with each member to define career goals and trajectory and align ambitions with company needs
- Work with the executive team to define hiring goals and empower the talent team to achieve goals
- Create and instill best practices within your team, as well as broadly within the organization, to ensure that Codecademy's recruiting is highly effective
- Advise on detailed sourcing strategies as well as creative inbound, outbound, and referral-based sourcing techniques. Diversity, inclusion, and talent are all key for us, so we’re looking for your best thinking on how to drive results and get people on board there.
- Improve our recruiting brand by showing the world the impact Codecademy has on millions of users across the globe
- Help to define and refine the interview process at Codecademy, ensuring that it speaks to and communicates Codecademy's unique culture and drive towards changing the world of education
- In conjunction with other members of the People Operations and Finance team, bring clarity to organizational design, compensation structure, role design needs and hiring timeline
- 4+ years of experience leading and growing talent organizations
- 10+ years of full-cycle in-house + agency recruiting experience, ideally in a high volume, high-growth environment with an emphasis on senior level technical talent
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proven success, managing and developing recruiting teams of 20+ to deliver on aggressive hiring goals at scale; you have experience forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data and measuring recruiting performance to improve effectiveness
- A strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Strong collaboration and decision-making: proven ability to play "high and low", operating at both a strategic and tactical level with ease and often
- Demonstrated success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage, and hire amazing talent at all levels, from frontline operations to senior leadership
- Experience with recruiting tools and techniques (we use Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, and Gem)
- High EQ, low ego with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Strong presentation skills, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments
- Experience running executive-level searches
- Experience with utilizing Greenhouse as an ATS
- Startup or SaaS experience
- A pre-existing, strong network of engineers and technical talent in the NYC area
- An interest in learning to code
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote