Head of Talent
About NarrativNarrativ is a NYC-based tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We use machine learning to connect products with all of the content created about them to answer retail’s trillion-dollar question, “what should I buy?”
With a library of more than 1 billion products matched to expert reviews from top commerce publishers like Buzzfeed, NYT Wirecutter, and Hearst, Narrativ enables retailers such as Macy's, Ulta and Dermstore to tap into $25B of annual consumer spend. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for building technology to democratize commerce.
We come from Bensonhurst to Beijing and view the breadth of our team's life experiences as a core competitive advantage. Our team hails from 10 countries, has worked for the likes of Google, Glossier and McKinsey and more than one-third of Narrativ employees are first-generation college graduates.
- Lead all recruiting efforts, including initial screens, onsite interviews, candidate correspondence, and management of outside hiring consultants
- Manage and perform updates to Narrativ Careers page, Google Hire, and recruiting platforms as needed
- Develop, manage, and maintain top-of-funnel recruiting strategies
- Develop, manage, and maintain company interview processes, ensuring consistency in culture, values, and excellence across the company
- Drive all orientation and onboarding processes for new hires, updating as needed
- Collect and analyze company data to improve retention, drive impactful team events, and measure the success of compensation, benefits packages, and existing HR tools
- Develop processes/metrics that support the achievement of Narrativ’s business goals
- Assist managers in selecting/contracting external training programs and consultants
- Maintain accurate and complete employee records
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations, including updates to policies and handbook as new legislation is introduced
- 3-5+ years experience with recruiting, talent management, compensation/benefits packages, organizational planning, as well as employee relations, engagement, and development
- Excellent speaking, writing, and interpersonal communication, with the ability to maintain and coach others to a high level of confidentiality
- Strategic thinker/problem solver who thrives in fast-paced environments, sets clear processes, and is adept at prioritization
- Experience managing and representing multiple projects simultaneously (recruiting processes, culture initiatives, internal communications, policy writing, etc. )
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and capable of analyzing the impact of your work
- Team player with a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues on the engineering and business teams
- A keen ability to find “purple squirrel” candidates and devise innovative recruiting strategies to attract diverse talent.
- A desire to build the recruiting function from scratch and write playbooks to make our talent acquisition processes best-in-class.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a steadfast desire to always evaluate the “why” behind your work.
- Passion for media, retail, and/or technology is a plus!
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media- the work you do here will have meaning
- We are a profitable company that is growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.