Head of Total Rewards at Flatiron Health
We are seeking a results-oriented Head of Total Rewards to join our People Operations team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career. This role reports to the Chief People Officer.
What You'll Do
In this role, you can expect to be responsible for designing and delivering compensation and benefits for Flatiron, with an emphasis on attracting, retaining and rewarding employees while maintaining internal equity and external market competitiveness. The Head of Total Rewards will work in close partnership with clients and colleagues to ensure that all programs support the revenue growth and evolution of the business. In addition, you'll also:
- Provide direction to evaluate and evolve Flatiron’s Total Rewards offerings to ensure a competitive compensation and benefits strategy in alignment with the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines.
- Ensure that the administration, budgeting, and communication of compensation and benefits programs are well executed and contribute to a positive employee experience.
- Evaluate, redesign, and administer health and welfare, retirement and leave benefit programs to increase effectiveness and impact of programs, while ensuring coordination and understanding of programs.
- Oversee the annual benefits open enrollment process, including partnering and negotiating with external vendors, preparing communications for employees, and working with the broader People Ops team.
- Evaluate, redesign, and administer base pay, incentive and equity compensation programs and the semi-annual compensation review process, including job analysis, job evaluation, market pricing, pay scale movement and plan design changes, to increase effectiveness and impact of programs.
- Ensure compensation programs and processes are aligned with growth initiatives and performance management programs including participation in international program design and administration.
- Administer the Stock Plan to ensure that all equity-based transactions are conducted efficiently and correctly, including stock grants & vesting, exercise of stock grants, and monitoring of stock activity.
- Supervise our core compensation and benefits systems and ensure data integrity across all employee platforms. Simplify and streamline processes and help People Ops, managers and employees use corresponding systems more effectively.
- Train and support the increasing knowledge and understanding of our managers and employees as it relates to compensation and benefits programs and total rewards as a full-service suite of offerings.
- Advise internal People Team and Leadership clients on external offers, retention concerns, and ad hoc compensation requests.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders including the Finance team to ensure that appropriate financial controls and designs are in place and the Legal team to compose, communicate, and implement employee facing policies.
Who You Are
You’re a leader with a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge great relationships both within and outside the People team. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 15+ years experience in Compensation and Benefits
- You have expertise in compensation and benefits design & negotiation & pertinent regulations
- You have demonstrated experience and understanding of designing and administering equity based programs, including accounting, tax and legal implications
- You have previous people management and development experience
- You have demonstrated project management skills and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- You have demonstrated executive presence and comfort presenting to senior leadership
- You have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balanced by an appreciation for complexity and risk
- You have the ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve, and communicate observations and recommendations
- You have strong business acumen along with ability to quickly learn and understand the financials and operational levers of each department within Flatiron
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.