HR Business Partner (Contract) at Citizen
HR Business Partner (Contract/Contract-to-hire)
Citizen is a free app that keeps you and your loved ones safe. It is a powerful force for good that has already evacuated people from burning buildings, diverted school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and reunited missing children with their parents.
Using our unique technology, 911 alerts are made available to the public and are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content to provide you with the information you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
This year Citizen will expand further across the United States with the express mission of making your world a safer place. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up nationwide. With a group of passionate builders from Facebook, Square, Uber, Google and HQ Trivia, Citizen is the company your current company doesn’t want you to know about.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, and Goodwater Capital, and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.About the Role
The HR Business Partner helps drive our mission by working with employees across the company to ensure Citizen is a phenomenal place to work for everyone. You will be hands-on in providing support across employee engagement, employee relations, growth and development, workforce planning, and conflict management. You will also have the opportunity to set the foundation for our future by building HR best practices and programs at Citizen. You will drive results in the role by being innovative, driven, collaborative and dependable. Our ideal hire cares deeply about our mission and company culture. You will help put programs in place to boost employee engagement and drive growth across the business.Responsibilities
- Proactively find opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience.
- Partner with leadership to create and implement innovative and lasting solutions
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Act as front-line HR Partner to resolve employee concerns. You will be responsible for building and adhering to a systematic approach, with clear documentation and follow-through.
- Support onboarding for new employees joining Citizen
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the Citizen to perform optimally and scale efficiently as we grow. This may include strategies/policies around Employee Benefits, Learning & Development, Compensation Philosophy, Performance Cycles, and Culture.
- Advise, mentor/coach, and guide all employees to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills.
- Perform periodic audits and leverage them to drive timely corrections and accountability
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years commensurate experience in an HRBP or HR Generalist function, preferably in a tech startup environment
- General familiarity with federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams
- Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive information
- Experience objectively coaching employees through difficult issues
- Experience understanding strategic organizational challenges and inspiring change
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated by building and finding solutions
Citizen offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all.