HR Business Partner, Customer Experience at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
Rent The Runway is looking for a passionate HR Manager/HRBP to support our Customer Experience team. We are looking for someone who is strategic and data-driven to partner with our CX leaders and HR team to execute people-based initiatives and support our team of 150+ agents who work remotely. Above all, this person must be passionate about employee engagement and building a strong culture through remote programs and initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate the new hire onboarding processes by partnering with Recruitment and IT teams to ensure new hires are onboarded in a timely manner
- Partner with CX Recruiter to support CX Agent & Coordinator level recruitment efforts
- Ownership of weekly/monthly reporting of HR metrics to effectively make recommendations to business partners
- Partner with managers and team leads to facilitate and perform thorough investigations using sound judgement as it relates to HR/ER matters that may arise
- Active stakeholder in the improvement of employee engagement with a focus on new hire experience and fostering a remote work environment
- Partners with CX leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with Operations and Corporate function initiatives as well as company goals
- Provide support for day to day operations of CX
- Serve as the main point of contact for CX associates to advise and resolve concerns
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Communicate across all levels of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor HR processes for the team to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of associate experience
- Be a leader of change
Additional Responsibilities (as needed):
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, etc.
- Coordinate recognition & employee appreciation programs
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, employee terminations, etc
- Support performance management
- Support in administration of benefits and compensation including annual open enrollment
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field
- At least 5 years experience in a dedicated HR role with at least 3 years of progressively increased responsibilities including recruitment/hiring
- 5 years experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Ability to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Strong written and verbal communication, ability to connect with others in a remote work environment
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as experience with an HRIS system; Workday experience a plus
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have a strong attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Experience in a call center or retail environment is a plus
- This is a remote position, ideally looking for someone in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.