Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
Our People team is seeking an HR Business Partner, Technology, to help us create a positive employee experience across all Noom entities with empathy, resourcefulness, and a service-oriented mindset. The People Operations team acts as the central point of contact for all general inquiries, provides employee assistance and support, develops and maintains HR policies and processes, and provides transactional guidance to our ever-growing population of 3600+ employees across 39 states.
The HR Business Partner will play a critical role in ensuring the functions they partner with are thriving and effectively executing at scale while aligning people strategy with technology business strategy. They drive performance and results in Noom’s ever-changing and hyper-growth environment by optimizing delivery of all People-related initiatives. Reporting into the Head of People, this pivotal role’s nature sits at the intersection of strategy and execution with the ideal candidate being able to zoom in and out seamlessly. We’re looking for someone who is excited about digging in to provide partnership to our business/functional areas while also helping to build up the foundation of our scaling and evolving People team.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with business leaders to build and support happy, healthy, high-performing teams aligned with Noom’s business strategy
- Be a trusted advisor on critical talent-related business decisions including org design, planning, challenging people situations, change management
- Serve as a critical thought partner to anticipate and lead change required to scale and evolve our teams as we grow
- Coach business leaders and their directs to support their development as effective leaders for the organization
- Deliver strategic talent programs and provide day-to-day support for talent needs in partnership with others on the People and Talent teams (e.g., L&D, recruiting, total rewards)
- In all matters people, organization, culture, connect the dots between the business and the People and Talent functions in both directions for the benefit of all, helping to evolve and deliver forward-looking people strategies, such as performance management, org planning, engagement and retention, DEIB, and succession planning
- Build a deep understanding of Noom’s business objectives and principles and use them as a foundation for delivering and evolving people initiatives
- Leverage metrics & analytics to inform and measure success of people plans and influence change
- Be a vocal champion of fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and culture of belonging at all levels of the organization
- Support People processes across calendar year and keep the line up to date and in the know
What We Look For:
- 8+ years’ relevant HR experience with a proven track record as a Human Resources Business Partner
- Strong working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including workforce planning, org design, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, compensation, employee relations, employment law, diversity, equity & inclusion, training, and development
- Prior experience building, developing, and leading strong teams of HR professionals
- Sophisticated coaching and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret data, recognize trends and themes, and partner with the business to deeply understand needs and design and implement solutions
- Ability to be highly-productive and influential in a fast-paced environment and balance longer-term strategic initiatives with more immediate priorities
- Exemplary organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
- Previous tech startup experience that experienced hyper growth and scaling challenges
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, onsite yoga, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.