HR Business Partner at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for driving OwnBackup’s talent agenda for assigned client groups. As a trusted advisor on all People initiatives, this role operates in deep partnership with leadership in each functional area, in a wide range of capacities.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Partner and coach first line through VP/ Director level management to develop and drive plans that optimize talent, structure, process, and culture across the client groups.
- Advise leaders on the implications of short and long-term decisions, strategies, and large-scale change efforts that will yield sustainable business results.
- Successfully and proactively shepherd the client groups through annual planning cycles such as merit, annual and mid-year review, calibration and talent assessment and workforce planning.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Ops team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Comprehensive understanding of terminations, investigations and reductions in force is required.
- Support off-boarding processes, including conducting exit interviews and partnering with the client group leadership to action feedback to improve the employee experience.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Focused on maintaining current knowledge of HR best practices, policies and trends. Relentlessly curious with a growth mindset.
- Help to develop and deploy HR policies and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage all immigration processes for client groups.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous HR experience, and a minimum of 3 years as an HR Business Partner in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Deep knowledge of HRBP practices including organization design, compensation, performance management, organizational change, etc.
- Solutions-focused, empathetic, and collaborative approach to implementing and enhancing people programs and processes to support the business.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Consultative approach to HR, passion for learning and strong bias for action
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.