Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a HR Business Partner, you will be a strategic partner helping a range of stakeholders across the entire organization build and sustain psychologically safe, high-performing teams. You understand the importance of relationships and are adept at cultivating and maintaining positive relationships from executive-level to to entry-level employees. You will be a key resource for leaders, helping them understand what it takes to attract, retain and develop the best talent through coaching, mentoring and educational opportunities. In other words, you will be instrumental in making Transfix a great place to work!
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Coach managers (mid-level to VPs) and employees on a full range of employee relations matters
- Help managers think strategically about the best ways to cultivate psychologically safe, high-performing teams and assist in crafting plans to implement them
- Be a guide and thought partner to help facilitate productive performance management conversations between managers and employees
- Work closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Be a champion of change by giving context and guidance on new initiatives, especially as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Work with leaders on capacity planning and long term staff forecasting
- Partner with Recruiting on hiring strategies to help our workforce better reflect the demographics of where we live and work
- Own investigations and supporting documentation of employee relations matters within respective business functions
- Use data to help inform key people decisions and recommendations
- Launch, analyze and report on engagement, onboarding and exit surveys
- Use engagement data to recommend initiatives and programs that best support our people strategy
- Develop programs and processes that enhance the employee experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive HR experience with at least 2 years of business partner / talent management experience at an established mid- to large-size organization
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, high level of empathy, and a strong sense of good judgement
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: change management, performance management, learning and development, diversity and inclusion initiatives, organizational design, strategic planning,
- Resourceful and adaptable. You're proactive in finding solutions and take pride in delivering strong results to employees
- Growth mindset. You are constantly seeking out new information and ways to educate yourself
- Navigates all conversations with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrates analytical and technical skills to collect and analyze data
- Highly proficient in google docs, slack, and other modern collaboration tools
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group settings
- Proven success in driving employee engagement and culture initiatives
- High integrity and will maintain strict confidentiality regarding compensation and employee issues
- Meticulous by default and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.