HR, Director at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for an experienced, people-first leader to guide our People Operations team through an exciting period of growth and beyond as we build a company for the ages. Working with your peers on the People Team, you will help plan, lead, direct, develop and execute the policies, activities, processes and programs that ensure our employees, our culture and our company are engaged, healthy and growing while maintaining ethics and compliance at all times.
Through effective relationship-building and excellent communication skills, you and your team will serve as a trusted resource to employees, managers and leaders across the organization as they plan and execute on their objectives. Your personal and professional commitment to being an anti-racist is evident in your experience and informs every decision you make.
As a leader of the People Operations team, you strike the balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your HR knowledge and expertise with your ability to pull-up and help to set plans for the future. You thrive in an environment where trust, autonomy and variety is the air you breathe and you are excited by solving one challenge after another in a fast-paced, growth-oriented business.What you'll do
- Understand the complexities of the Justworks business and build relationships across the business
- Lead the People Operations team (HR Business Partners, HR Analyst, HR Generalist, HR Coordinator) to effectively support the business in all people-related areas
- Oversee the administration of human resource programs and policies including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; employee relations issues; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety.
- Create and implement employee relations policies to help increase employees' job satisfaction, using engagement survey data as input.
- Guide employees around compensation, benefits and other facets of their employment.
- Anticipate obstacles and proactively offer and implement solutions to keep up with the growth of the business.
- Create objective measures and standardized reporting to help leadership understand employee trends.
- Partner with Recruiting, People & Culture, DEI and Workplace Directors to operate as a cohesive people leadership team.
- Be an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a HR leadership position
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll and other HR functions
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives and a strong personal conviction toward combating racism
- Strong project management skills and experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continuously-evolving environment
- Skilled in leveraging HR technology to support business decisions (JW HR Tech Stack: Greenhouse, GSuite, Culture Amp, Wisetail, Justworks). Workday experience a plus.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment