HR Generalist [maternity leave cover]
Squarespace is seeking a HR Generalist to provide temporary coverage while one of our team members is out on parental leave. This role will focus on benefits administration, basic employee relations and performance management support, orientation facilitation, M&A diligence and integration support, policy interpretation, and employment law compliance.
This role reports into our Senior Manager, People Operations and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Maintain data integrity of our HRIS for all employees (New York City, Portland, and Dublin), ensuring that all New Hire, Transfers, Changes, Terminations and Payroll Deductions are processed in UltiPro.
- Assist our Payroll Lead with the accurate processing of payroll, internal and external audits, payroll tracking, and system configuration updates.
- Onboard new employees: maintain (electronic) employee files, provide guidance on I-9 and W-4 requirements, and lead the Payroll & Benefits section of new hire orientation
- Act as a trusted resource for current and former employees on all payroll and benefits matters, including requests for employment verification, unemployment claims, FMLA, and other personal leaves of absence.
- Administer benefits by processing changes due to qualifying life events, managing the open enrollment process, and liaising between Squarespace’s various benefit providers
- Responsible for documenting and improving all necessary People Operations processes.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partner team to ensure that communication and processes across offices remain consistent and seamless.
- Partner with the wider local People team (e.g., Learning & Development, Facilities, HR Business Partners, and Employee Experience) as needed.
- Provide HRIS support, configuration, and maintenance, including running reports, audits, researching and resolving HRIS data issues as they arise.
- Actively engage with the Squarespace community as a trusted member of our People team, with utmost discretion and sound judgment when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Support other People Ops team projects as needed.
- 2 years of general HR experience
- Previous experience with UltiPro a plus
- Detail oriented and able to handle various tasks with overlapping deadlines
- Strong analytical capability; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Exudes credibility, professionalism, and empathy when providing guidance and support to employees
- Highly adaptable and solution-oriented; able to thrive amidst uncertainty and shifting priorities
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 950 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.